This Sun Dried Tomato Spread recipe is completely delicious! It is perfect to slather on everything from a bagel to a sandwich or even on top of grilled chicken. The spread is super creamy with the perfect combination of sweetness and tang from the sun dried tomatoes. This recipe is an oldie, but goodie that friends and family request over and over again!
Sun Dried Tomato Spread Recipe
This recipe came to me over 10 years ago now when my sweet friend Katy brought a tray of the most wonderful sandwiches to our church group. At the first bite you think, “Oh, that is pretty good,” then go on talking or what not, then I found myself wondering back to the tray over and over… and over. I just couldn’t stop with these little sandwiches, and neither could pretty much anyone else because we emptied that plate in record time!
Of course, as we usually did when someone brought something to the group that we devoured, we were begging her for the recipe, and when she told us, it was simple perfection! All you need to make the spread is 3 ingredients. I firmly believe (and most of my recipes hold true to this) that if you use simple and delicious ingredients, it doesn’t have to be hard or complicated to cook. You can get the best flavors by combining a few great flavors. And this is exactly how this spread comes together!
How to Serve Sun Dried Tomato Spread
This recipe is a little like hitting the jackpot because you can make up a batch and use it in so many great ways! You can use the Sun Dried Tomato Spread like a condiment for dipping or adding flavor, or it can be the star of the dish like when you slather it generously on a bagel or on top of a grilled chicken breast. Really, there are so many options it is pretty impossible to list them all, but here are a few of my favorites:
- On a toasted bagel for breakfast
- To make tea sandwiches- How cute are these for a baby shower or brunch?! The color is beautiful and the flavors are perfect!
- As a spread on a sandwich (try turkey, lettuce and provolone cheese, or add this to a BLT, or club!)
- As a topping for meat- I especially like to just spread a dollop of this sun dried tomato spread on top of a fresh grilled chicken breast. It makes the spread nice and melty and is pretty much heaven!
- Inside a wrap
- As a dip- Add this to your cheese tray or just put it out in a bowl with some veggies or chips at a party and watch it disappear!
There are really so many different ways to enjoy this recipe. If you have another that you love that I didn’t list, I would love for you to let me know in the comments so I can try it out!
How to make Sun Dried Tomato Spread
I am going to walk through the recipe with you below step by step. If you have questions, hopefully they will be answered here, if not feel free to leave me a note in the comments section below. If you are looking for the quick version of the recipe, feel free to hop down to the full printable recipe card below.
Sun Dried Tomato Spread Ingredients
- 1(8.5 oz) jar sun dried tomatoes with herbs– I prefer the julienne cut variety, but it doesn’t really matter since it all gets blended up anyway.
- 2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese- I use original Philadelphia cream cheese to make my Sun Dried Tomato Spread. You can get away with subbing light cream cheese in the recipe, however fat free cream cheese will not work well.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Sun Dried Tomato Spread Instructions
- Drain out about half the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. You can just eye ball this. Having a little less oil helps the mixture to stay together better.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes and garlic and blend with an immersion blender. I use this one and really love it. If you don’t have one, you can use a food processor. I don’t think a traditional blender would work well since there isn’t a ton of liquid, but in a pinch you could give it a try.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve as desired. This gives the spread time for the flavors to really meld together. You can serve it after that. Any leftovers that you have you can place in an airtight container in the fridge and will keep about a week.
I really hope you like this Sun Dried Tomato Spread as much as we have over the years. If you do get a chance to try it, I would love to know. Nothing makes me happier than knowing others are enjoying the recipes that I share! You can leave me a comment below, or if you share a photo, tag me on Instagram @easyfamilyrecipes so I can see what you are cooking up! Enjoy!
Sun Dried Tomato Spread
Yield 24 servings
This Sun Dried Tomato Spread is the perfect topping for sandwiches, bagels, or even grilled chicken. You can also serve it as a dip with veggies or chips. It is super creamy with the perfect balance of sweet and tangy from the sun dried tomatoes.
- 1(8.5 oz) jar sun dried tomatoes with herbs (I prefer the julienne cut)
- 2 (8 oz) blocks of cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Drain out about half the oil from the sun dried tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes and garlic and blend with an immersion blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve as desired.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container up to 1 week.
This recipe is naturally low carb and friendly for low carb and keto diets.
Guten free- This recipe is naturally gluten free, however, individual brands may vary so verify ingredients when purchasing. Serving suggestions may not be gluten free.
Vegetarian- This recipe is vegetarian. Serving suggestions may not be vegetarian friendly.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at: https://www.thepinningmama.com/sun-dried-tomato-spread
Courses Side Dish
Serving Size 2 Tablespoons
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 20 mg
Sodium 124 mg
Total Carbohydrates 4 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @easyfamilyrecipes on Instagram and hashtag it #easyfamilyrecipes.