If you haven’t been to Destin you’re missing out on a little piece of paradise….. without even leaving the U.S. The water is beautiful and warm. The sand is so pure and soft to the touch. The first time I stepped foot on our favorite beaches in Destin I knew this place was going to be one of my favorite destinations. The Emerald waters are breathtaking and a color like no where else.
We spent a few months in Florida for some training for my Husbands job and leaving was the hardest part. We fell in love with this beautiful place instantly and have been back numerous times.
- Henderson Beach State Park– There is a small fee to park here but the bathrooms are clean. Known for their white sands offering more than 6,000 feet of shoreline. A few things offered at this state park are boardwalks for easier beach access, pavilions, and areas for grilling. There is also a playground located on a small nature trail.
- Crystal Beach–Located in Ocaloosa county off Emerald Coast Highway, this beach is a hot spot for tourists with its streets lined with beach cottages. This beach offers bathrooms, showers, and pavilions.
- Okaloosa Island– This little island acts as barrier between Fort Walton and Destin. This is a very family friendly place offering lots of activities for the family to enjoy.
- Shores at Crystal Beach– Located on the Gulf of Mexico off Emerald Coast Highway, this beach is quiet and quaint. Enjoy the view of the Emerald waters while relaxing in your beach chair. This beach features picnic tables, parking, public restrooms and showers.
- James Lee Park– This beach is located near Ocaloosa County. Featuring crystal clear water and white sands. This beach offers pavilions, showers, bathrooms and free parking.
- Miramar Beach– Nestled in the Gulf of Mexico this beach offers more than just laying in the sun. You will find some of the best shopping and eating here. This beach location is sure to fit every person in your families needs.
- Seaside– This stretch of white sands beaches and beautiful beach side rentals is a place like non other. This town features food trucks, farmers markets and one of a kind stores to shop in . Most people bike around this town so rent a bike for a day if you find yourself there.
- June White Decker Park Beach– Nestled on the Gulf of Mexico off of Emerald Coast Highway, this beautiful beach is tucked away and not as full of tourists. This beach features a pavilion and bathrooms.
As you can see all these beautiful beaches offer white sands, and emerald waters. You will find yourself feeling like you took a flight to the Caribbean without ever leaving on a plane. The charm and character of Destin and surrounding areas is my favorite thing about this place. Every time I go back I am reminded why we come here so often. You will look back at your pictures, the color of the water and the smiles on your kiddos faces and wonder how soon you can make it back.