- 6 zucchini squash
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushroom finely chopped
- 2 cups riced cauliflower not cooked
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Sauté the onion, mushroom, and cauliflower rice and garlic over medium heat until soft. Add the ground turkey and Italian seasoning and and continue to cook, stirring and breaking up the meat until the meat is cooked. Add the marinara sauce, reserving 1 cup for the topping, and stir to combine.
- Cut the ends off each zucchini and then cut it in half length-wise. Use a spoon or melon baller to hollow the center (part with the seeds) out of the zucchini. Place each zucchini on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- Fill each zucchini with a scoop of the meat mixture and top with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25-35 minutes, then remove foil and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- To serve, remove from baking sheet, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and enjoy!