Strawberries are in season and couldn’t be more delicious … unless they are paired with chocolate, of course! This Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait is a decadent treat that puts those sweet berries to perfect use.
Hi, it’s Ginnie from Hello Little Home, and I’m excited to be back with a delicious summer recipe!
I love strawberries year round, but there’s nothing quite like the perfect summer berry! My mom took my sister and I strawberry picking every summer. I relished sitting in the sun, getting my hands dirty, and trying to find the sweetest berries. I’m pretty sure that I ate more than I took home!
Now that I’m living in New York, I don’t have a local berry patch to visit. That hasn’t stopped me from trying to find the best strawberries though!
Strawberries are delicious on their own, of course, but I also like pairing them with chocolate for a sinful dessert. This Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfait is a favorite summer treat.
For this dessert, I’ve layered the berries with rich chocolate mousse and crumbled chocolate cookies. It’s so good, and I guarantee you won’t be able to stop at one bite!
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 12 chocolate-filled Oreos, or similar cookie
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 1⅓ cup heavy cream, divided
- Chop chocolate in pieces, then melt in a microwave. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Set aside 4 strawberries, then remove stems and slice the remaining berries.
- Place strawberries in a small bowl and combine with 1 tsp. sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop Oreos into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and ¼ cup powdered sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate to cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add 1 cup heavy cream.
- Keep mixing until cream is fully incorporated, then increase speed and blend until mixture is light, creamy, and holds a soft peak. Set aside.
- Whisk together remaining ⅓ cup heavy cream and 1 tbsp. powdered sugar in a small bowl until it can hold a soft peak. Set aside.
- To assemble parfaits, place a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of each glass.
- Top cream cheese with a spoonful of cookies, then a layer of strawberries.
- Repeat these layers one more time, then add another layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream to each parfait, then garnish with the reserved strawberries.
- Enjoy parfaits immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
These parfaits are perfectly rich and creamy. Don’t you just want to take a bite?
Each parfait is generously sized. If you are serving a crowd, try serving the parfaits in smaller glasses to get more servings out of the recipe. Champagne coupes would be super pretty!
If you like these decadent Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Parfaits, then I know you’ll love these treats, too!
Hi, I’m Ginnie, and I blog over at Hello Little Home! I’m a married New Yorker with a creative streak, and I love to write about some of my favorite things: food, DIY, fashion, interior design, travel, and more.