Chuck E Cheese is known at the ultimate place for kids to eat and play, but when you take your kids there you will find some awesome perks for parents too! I have gathered up some of the must know info for your next trip so the parents enjoy it just as much as the kids!
This post is sponsored by Chuck E Cheese as a part of their ambassador program.
I have had so much fun this past year partnering with Chuck E Cheese as an ambassador. I not only had tons of fun with my kids, but I also learned so many cool things to help get more out of each visit to Chuck E Cheese for both the kids and the grown ups! When I have visited with friends they often can’t believe the cool tips and tricks, so I thought it might be helpful to share it with you guys too, so you can get more out of your next trip!
The Food is GREAT!
You might not think of Chuck E Cheese for as much of a treat for the adults as the kids, but things have changed and this is one of my favorites (since you guys know I like to EAT!) Here is a few things to know about the food:
- All of the pizzas are house made in each store. They aren’t taking pizzas out of a freezer back there. They actually make each pie from scratch starting with making the dough in house. The crust is GOOD and there are several varieties that you can order like original, thin crust and stuffed crust. It is not just me that thinks this, they beat Pizza Hut in a blind taste test with their pepperoni! The executive chef at Chuck E Cheese is a Culinary Institute graduate and works tirelessly to make sure the food is something both kids and their parents will love!
- Check out the new specialty pizzas! If you are like me, cheese and pepperoni pizza are okay, but they don’t really get me excited. Chuck E Cheese now offers a full line of gourmet pizzas including Barbecue Chicken Pizza (My husband’s favorite!) and Cali Alfredo which was our group favorite last week. I loved the Cali Alfredo so much it even inspired this Cali Alfredo Chicken Bake recipe. Each month they offer the classics, the gourmet menu, and a rotating specialty. When I went it was Philly Cheesesteak and man it looked good!
- There is SO much more than pizza! If pizza isn’t your thing, you might think you are out of luck at Chuck E Cheese, but you would be so wrong! There is so much more than pizza on the menu. They offer wings, subs, and a delicious, fresh salad bar to name a few. If you are hosting a birthday party or group, you can get trays of veggies, subs, chicken etc to accompany the pizza for a little something extra. Even if you are a vegetarian, there are extra options with you. I got to sample the veggie sub sandwich and it was so delicious!
- Don’t forget the drinks! Aside from having a robust soda fountain, Chuck E Cheese offers beer and wine at their locations for those over 21. You can find a variety of selections that vary by location. Ask at the register when you order to see what is available at your location.
Entertainment for them… Entertainment for you!
Even though you probably took the kids to Chuck E Cheese for them to run around and have fun, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself as well.
- The music! The music isn’t all toddler songs and dancing mice. Although there is plenty of that fun going on, they actually mostly play family friendly popular music. Yes! The stuff you are probably listening to on your phone or in the car. Some of them are even made over to be special for Chuck E Cheese to be extra kid friendly. It is nice to be able to relax, enjoy the time while the kids are crazy with music you enjoy!
- THE WI-FI IS FREE! Okay, I know I am a blogger, and thus online and social media a lot, but hey, aren’t we all? This is such a big one for me! I love going somewhere that I can get a good fast connection so the kids can play and I can get a little work done, or just zone out while they are playing and get a moment to relax before we head home for what is usually more madness.
It doesn’t have to be expensive!
Sometimes when you think about taking your kids anywhere it seems like it is just like hooking a vacuum cleaner straight up to your wallet. Chuck E Cheese has several options to make the trip very affordable dining and entertainment.
- Coupons are everywhere! You can usually find coupons in your local paper or circulars, but I don’t always remember to clip them and keep them, so I love that they have a coupon page right on their website. You can grab a coupon at a moments notice without having to keep up with a thing. That is winning.
- Check for local specials or promos. Most locations run special promotions that offer savings or bonus fun for the kids. Our location does neon night on Fridays and an all you can play card on Wednesdays for a really reasonable price. Not only are these extra great for the kids, but they are often on less busy nights too.
- Go for lunch! If you have preschoolers or your kids are out of school for the day, make a trip to Chuck E Cheese for lunch. They have an all-you-can-eat lunch special at most locations (price varies by location) and kids under 4 eat for free! It is a great way to let them run around, get energy out, and fill up! This was one of our favorite things to do during the winter last year!
- Grab some freebies! I have a whole post on how to get more tickets and tokens for Chuck E Cheese here, but one of the ones we use regularly are the reward calendars. You can print out a reward sheet for any of a huge list of topics like getting good grades, or brushing their teeth to name a couple. You track their progress and at the end they are rewarded with free tokens to Chuck E Cheese. Grab your coupon page right on their website.
So what do you think? Was any of this news to you? I love all of the new menu items and adult friendly features that Chuck E Cheese has added. Do you have any tips or favorites I missed? I would love for you to share with me in the comments below!