As the weather changes and the nights get a little cooler, cuddling up to a movie, is what my kids want to do in the evening. We are big fans of watching movies about the seasons. In this post you will find a list of winter themed movies for your kids. These movies are rated G, PG, or Not Rated.
We have tried to make a tradition of movie night every Friday. We usually make homemade pizza together, then cuddle up for a movie. My kids are continually on the hunt for new movies. We can’t wait to start checking movies off this list to help us get excited for wintertime.
Kids Winter Themed Movies
- The First Snow of Winter– An adorable animated tale teaches us about friendship and trust.
- Ice Princess– A misfit teen longs to become a world class figure skater. Does she fulfill her lifelong dream??
- Bear Snores On– Bear is hibernating but his friends can’t wait for him to wake up. They all prepare for the day.
- Strawberry Shortcake Winter Collection– Winter is such a magical time. Strawberry Shortcake and her friends experience all that winter has to offer.
- Ice Age- Three friends go on an adventure to return a baby to the Human tribe.
- Happy Feet– Unlike the other penguins talent Mumble’s is dancing. He faces many challenges in the fact he cannot sing. Follow him on his journey to try and fit in.
- Frozen– Follow Elsa, Anna, Sven and Olaf on a journey to find happiness despite differences and trials.
- Snowtime!– While breaks from school can be boring the kids in this small village decide to have a massive snowball fight. Unfortunately, this simple snowball fight turns into much more.
- Rise of the Guardians– The Boogeyman tries to spread darkness to all the kids. Jack Frost and his friends work to save the kids from scary dreams.
- Golden Winter– A lonely boy becomes friends with puppies. They have many adventures and saves people along the way.
- Bob the Builder: Snowed Under/ The Bobblesberg Winter Games– There is so much to do to prepare for the winter games, can Bob and his fiends get it all done in time.
- Frosty’s The Snowman– Frosty comes to life after the kids school made him while playing at school.
- The Snow Queen: Magic of the Ice Mirror– The Snow Mates are struggling to protect the world from eternal winter.
- Peppa Pig- Cold Winter Day– Peppa And her friends get to experience everything winter has to offer.
- Kipper: Let it Snow– Kipper gets to play with his friends all winter long.
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Minnies Winter Bow Show– Minnie and her nieces have floated far away from home. Follow then on their journey as they try and get back in time for the Bow Show.
- The Gift of Winter– All kids want is snowfall during the winter. A group of kids talk Mr. Winter into making it snow.
If you have any additional movie suggestions, please comment below.