This spicy mayo is the perfect compliment to many asian dishes or even dipping french fries! It combines the zesty flavor of sriracha and lime with the creaminess of mayo for the perfect dipping sauce!
Ever since the first time he went to a hibachi style restaurant, my husband has been absolutely obsessed with the pink sauce. He doesn’t request food often, but he pretty much begged me to create an at home version. Being the good wife that I (for the most part) try to be, I figured out something even though I really don’t love the pink sauce. It worked and he was very happy, but it just isn’t quite as fun when I don’t love it!
Fast forward many years and we have both become really enamored by a Korean BBQ food truck that frequents our area. I wrote more about it here, but the short story is that they make these bowls that are super delicious, only to be made even more lip-smacking good by the combo of the spicy creamy sauce and a thick sticky sweet sauce that are drizzled all over the top. This stuff literally makes me lick the bowl making sure not to miss one drop of this amazing stuff.
I may not love the pink sauce, but I fell equally in love with this coral colored sauce, so we had to go back to the kitchen for some more reverse engineering. Sometimes it is hard to get a recipe right, and sometimes you hit the jackpot with just a few simple ingredients. This was one of those times!
Of course when you eat it at home you also need to create something to slather it all over, so I modified another recipe I had into this crockpot asian chicken recipe (pictured above!) It is quick, easy, and the perfect dish to layer tons of delicious spicy mayo on top of! You can put it on pretty much anything from this to sushi, or even dip french fries in it, so please don’t feel boxed in by the word Asian. Use it to your heart’s content on any dish you may think needs a little something.
Asian Spicy Mayo Recipe – Step by Step
Follow along with me here to get my step by step notes for this recipe. If you just want the recipe, scroll down to the bottom for a full printable recipe card.
- 1 C Mayo – Use regular or light. I especially love this mayo that is made with avocado oil and is perfect for those who concentrate on whole foods or are paleo or whole30 compliant.
- 1/2 C Sriracha – I use a 2:1 ratio of the mayo to sriracha. This makes a nice level of spice to the sauce. If you like it really spicy add more! If you don’t like it with much kick, then reduce it to 1/4 cup or even less. This part is really up to you to make it to your personal preferences. Also, if you want to make more or less, knowing the ratio you like to use makes it super easy to scale up or down.
- Juice from one lime- This gives it just the tang it needs to all come together.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until serving. I think using a whisk makes this the easiest because of the consistency of the mayo. It really gets everything combined well with the least amount of effort. If you don’t have one just use a fork and stir it really well.
- Top asian dishes, sushi or anything that that needs a little spice with this amazing sauce.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do! If you give it a try, I would love to hear about it in the comments, or tag me in a pic on Instagram @easyfamilyrecipes! Enjoy friends!
Asian Spicy Mayo Recipe
- 1 C Mayo
- 1/2 C Sriracha
- Juice from one lime
- Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until serving.
- Top asian dishes or sushi with sauce.
I use a 2:1 ration of mayo to spicy Sriracha in my sauce. If you like milder or hotter, increase or decrease the Sriracha to your preference.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @easyfamilyrecipes on Instagram and hashtag it #easyfamilyrecipes.