This easy Asian chicken pasta salad has become one of my favorite meals! It has so much flavor and makes an easy dinner and leftovers are even better for lunch the next day.
This is one of those recipes I have remained true to my entire adult life. When I need a recipe for a crowd this easy Cold Asian Chicken Pasta Salad is always a go to recipe. It is simple to put together and packed with flavor. It also always impresses since it is a bit of a departure from your normal pot luck food, but has pretty universally loved flavors. Even my kids eat it up when I keep the spice level low.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that unlike your traditional pasta salad, it has no mayo, oil, or butter in it. Combine that with all the veggies and wholesome chicken breast that are packed in and you have a pretty healthy meal.
Asian Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
Start by cooking your pasta per the package directions. I like to use the corkscrew shaped pasta but you can choose your favorite type. Next continue by chopping up your green onions, red pepper and cilantro into bite sized pieces so they will be ready to stir in.
Start the sauce for the pasta salad by heating your water until it is hot. This is important because it helps the peanut butter dissolve and all of the ingredients combine evenly.
Mix in the bullion until dissolved then add the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper and mix until everything is evenly combined. I actually like to borrow my husbands blender ball bottle for this and just shake because it works really fast and mess free, but you can also use a whisk to get all the peanut butter broken and dissolved pretty easily.
Once the pasta is done, drain it and place in a large bowl. Add the sauce, peppers, onions, and cilantro and mix until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
Refrigerate for at least two hours, or over night. When you remove from chilling make sure to toss the pasta again to redistribute the sauce throughout. Serve cold! Place leftovers back in the fridge, they only get better and more flavorful as it sits.
I have loved this recipe for years and hope you do too! You can make small adaptions to make it perfect for your family and friends. I often will bring this to a potluck since it feeds a crowd and has really unique but familiar flavors that everyone loves. When I do, I often tone down or leave out the red pepper, especially if I know kids will be eating it.
If you make the recipe make sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @thepinningmama! I would love to see it!
Easy Asian Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 oz Bowtie Pasta
- 3 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 C Hot Water
- 1 Bullion Cube or Eqiv Granules
- ¼ C Peanut Butter
- ¼ C Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Jarred Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional- more or less to taste)
- 2-3 cups Chicken Breast OR Rotisserie chicken, cubed or shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking prep and chop onions, pepper, and cilantro.
- To make sauce combine water, bullion, peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes. Whisk until combined.
- Drain pasta and put in a large bowl. Add sauce and peppers, onions, and cilantro and mix well.
- Stir in shredded chicken
- Chill for minimum 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve toss pasta to evenly distribute sauce and serve cold.