I always order power bowls at restaurants so I wanted to recreate my own. BBQ Chicken Power Bowl is LOADED with flavor and PACKED with protein. This recipe is great because all of the ingredients come together to make one wholesome dish. No need for additional sides because all your nutrients are combined into one delicious bowl. This dish is naturally gluten free.
Wholesome and Delicious BBQ Chicken Power Bowl
I’m a sucker for healthy but delicious food. I really love dishes that are all mixed up in one bowl. One of my favorite quick restaurants is chipotle. It was my inspiration for this recipe.
The barbecue chicken in this dish so delicious in this bowl, and can be used in different ways for different recipes. This Creamy BBQ Chicken is so delicious and easy to make. The chicken is so creamy, and full of FLAVOR that takes this dish to a whole new level. I love having it on hand to make in recipes throughout the week.
If you do not have chicken on hand or want to make this meal even easier, you can use rotisserie chicken and add barbecue sauce to it. You could also chop up leftover barbecue chicken from a restaurant.
I love this dish for my kids because all of their needed nutrients are combined into one delicious bowl. This recipe is also one of my favorites because you can add or subtract ingredients according to what you have in your refrigerator that day.
BBQ Chicken Power Bowls are also perfect if you are meal prepping. I would portion out all of the ingredients separately and combine them right before eating. Everyone will be jealous of your delicious lunch.
What to serve with BBQ Chicken Power Bowls
This dish really is delicious and wholesome on its own because the chicken is so creamy and delicious but if you want to add another side, here are a few of my suggestions:
- Fruit Salad
- Easy Mexican Cornbread
- Garlic Bread
- Baked Asparagus
Tips for Making BBQ Chicken Power Bowls
I am going to share some of my tips and notes with you here to help answer any questions that may come up while cooking. For the FULL printable recipe card, make sure to hop down to the bottom of this post.
- Fluff the quinoa or rice and place in the bottom of the bowl. Place the Creamy BBQ Chicken on top of it.
- If you are using rice, our favorite is Jasmine. Jasmine rice is full of flavor.
- Layer the avocado, beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cheese and cilantro in the bowl.
- If you are not serving right away, hold the avocado until right before you serve the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over top and drizzle with oil. Toss, add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!!
FAQ’s for BBQ Chicken Power Bowls
Is this dish gluten free?
Yes this dish is naturally gluten free, but of course check all of your labels before using the ingredients. Some BBQ sauce contains gluten so please check if you are gluten free.
How do I store BBQ Chicken Power Bowls?
This dish can be stored in airtight containers for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. I would store all ingredients separately and combine right before eating.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! This will be on regular rotation now that summer is here and we need quick and easy meals!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
More Quick and Easy Meals
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
BBQ Chicken Power Bowl
For the Bowl:
- 1/2 cup BBQ Chicken pulled or chopped
- 1 cup quinoa or rice cooked
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup corn drained
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red or yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lime juice only
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing use in place of olive oil and lime if desired
- Fluff the quinoa or rice and place it in the base of the bowl. Put the BBQ chicken on top of it.
- Layer the avocado, beans, corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, cheese, and cilantro in the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime over the top, drizzle the olive oil on, and then toss the bowl together to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment