Kauai is one of the most beautiful of the Hawaiian Islands. It captured my heart many years ago and now it has captured the heart of my Husband too. The food in Kauai NEVER disappoints. I have compiled a list of my top 10 favorite places to eat when visiting.
Every time I go to Kauai I cannot wait for all the delicious food. The food selection is unlike any other and Kauai is not full of chain restaurants just delicious everyday mom and pop places. You have a wide variety of any desire of food. From Vegan to Organic, gluten free to local grub, food trucks to taco shacks and so on.
Best Places to Eat in Kauai
- Duke’s Kauai– Located in Lihue. Nestled next to the Marriott in Lihue, this beachside restaurant is one of my ultimate favorites. Do not leave this place without ordering the Hulu Pie. This is a MUST.
- Gaylord’s at Kilohana– Located in Lihue. This restaurant is by the far the best for a fancy date night with quality food.
- Kountry Kitchen– Located in Kapaa. If you’re looking for an amazing home cooked breakfast and not worried about calories.. this is your place. I had the Macadamia nut pancakes with the coconut syrup and I wanted to lick my plate clean… SERIOUSLY!! My husband had the locals plate and loved it as well.
- JO2 Restaurant– Located in Kapaa. Beautifuly constructed dish featuring local Hawaiian cuisine. Enjoy the fun flare on some of your favorite dishes.
- Pizetta– Located in Koloa. I’ll make a small confession I LOVE PIZZA. I will go for pizza anyway, and I’m pretty picky since I love it so much. I could eat here every meal. Delicious home cooked pizza and pasta. I always know when we go for pizza my kids will actually eat their whole meal and it won’t go to waste.
- Tahiti Nut– Located in Hanalei. Our hotel concierge recommended this and we are so happy we listened. This bar offers delicious local cuisine prepared in unique ways. Most of the time you can enjoy Hawaiian music while you eat.
- Post Cards Cafe– Located in Hanalei. Farm fresh entrees along with ocean to table. Enjoy this small beach town restaurant.
Quick Eats/ Fast Foods
- Bubba’s Burgers– Located in Kapaa. If you’re craving juicy QUALITY hamburger … this is your place. By far one of my all time favorite go to places on the island. Do not miss out on the delicious fries either.
- Tiki Tacos– Located in Kapaa. Featuring all hand made corn tortillas and all gluten free menu… these tacos are sure to NOT disappoint. Make sure you grab yourself a fish taco while you’re there… you will not regret it.
- Food Trucks- Located in Hanalei. The best thing about food trucks is everyone in your groups usually finds something they like and we all don’t have to eat the same thing. My favorite by far was the Indian food truck. The coconut curry chicken was finger licking good.
- Kilauea Bakery– Located in Kilauea. If you’re on your way to the lighthouse in Kilauea make sure you stop her for a quick snack. They have some of the most delicious baked goods. I love this place as well because they have a wide variety of gluten free baked goods.
Desserts and Sweets
- Anakē Juice Bar– Located in Koloa. Featuring all organic product this juice bar is one of the best. I made my husband stop her every time we were on our way to the south end of the island. I just couldn’t get enough of their delicious bowls.
- Loco Coco– Located in Koloa. If you’ve ever been to Hawaii before and experienced their delicious shaved ice you’ll know what I’m talking about in this post. This place has the best shaved ice. I wanted one of these daily well actually more than daily. They use all organic fruit here and drizzle your shaved ice with fresh cream on top.. AHHHMAZZING.
- Shave Ice Paradise– Located in Hanalei. Another one of my fav shaved ice places. The thing I love about this one in particular is them academia nut ice cream they use at the bottom of the shaved ice.
- JoJo’s Shaved Ice– Located in Waimea, and Hanalei. Another great shaved ice place with great tasting syrups that are not too sweet. Can you tell I love the shaved ice in Hawaii.
- Lappert’s Hawaii– Located in Princeville, Kalaheo, and Hanapepe. Is it bad if I told all of you that we stopped her once a day the whole time we were in Kauai. I love ice cream and so does my family.
One of favorite things about vacation is all the good FOOD. I really look forward to trying all the new cuisines and the local dives. My kids seem to try new and fun dishes on vacation too which is super fun. Sometimes I feel like all they want lately is Nutella sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese.
If you have any favorite places I missed, comment below and I will add them… better yet I will add them to my must try places in Kauai.