These Chicken Ranch Tacos are so easy to make and you will not be disappointed when you take your first bite! For once your dinner table will be quiet, because the kids are busy gobbling up their food. Chicken Ranch Tacos only have a few ingredients that you through into a crock pot for a few hours. Get ready for Taco Tuesday, because these slow cooker tacos are a meal that adults will enjoy as much as the kids!
Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos
I really love my crockpot, especially on busy nights when my kids have sports and we are running all over. The slow cooker makes it possible to still get dinner on the table in a short amount of time. Busy weeknights become a little bit more manageable when I can throw dinner in the slow cooker.
The other, maybe less obvious, reason I love crockpot cooking is that you can make a big batch of meat in it and once it is done you can serve it as is the first night, then use it to make other meals throughout the week or month if you freeze it. Then dinner becomes way easier when you already have the meat for the next meal prepped, cooked, and ready to go.
These Chicken Ranch Tacos came from my Crock Pot Ranch Chicken recipe here. I have several more easy dinners I will be sharing with this chicken as we go on, so make sure and sign up for my e-mails so you can collect all of the ways to use it as I post them!
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken Tacos
In our house we have a tradition of Taco Tuesday, but we could do these every night of the week. My kids love tacos especially because they get to choose their own toppings. My kids tend to eat better when they participate in the meal. For that reason, I set everything out separate for the tacos.
We start by adding our favorite shell options:
- Flour Tortillas
- Traditional Hard Taco Shells
- Corn Tortillas
- Tostada Shells
- Lettuce Wrap – great low carb option!
Then we move to the toppings for crockpot ranch chicken tacos:
- Pico de Gallo
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Cilantro
- Black Beans or Refried Beans
We usually pick a wide variety of these for whatever mode we are in. I listed a lot so you could have options, but really just choose 3-5 options to keep it simple.
Sides for Chicken Ranch Tacos
- Black Beans or Refried Beans
- Cheddar Ranch Refried Beans
- Chips and Salsa
Low carb options are:
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Garden Salad
- Guacamole and Salsa with Bell Pepper slices
If I missed a favorite side, let me know in the comments so I can try it out!
How to Make Ranch Chicken Tacos
These ranch chicken tacos are very simple to make, especially because your slow cooker is doing all the work. I am going to answer questions you may have below. You can hop down to the bottom of this post for a printable recipe card with full instructions. If you still have questions after reading through this section, feel free to leave me a note in the comments below and I will try to get back to you soon!
Q: How do I store the leftovers?
A: Leftovers for this recipe are the best. Store the meat and shells separately. The meat can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Q: Are the tacos gluten free?
A: The meat in naturally gluten free. Just make sure you the taco shells you buy are gluten free.
Q: Can I make these tacos dairy free?
A: Just make sure when you shred the chicken that you don’t add the cream cheese. Also use dairy free shells and toppings.
Q: Can I freeze Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos?
A: You can freeze the meat for up to one month in an air tight container. I would recommend using fresh toppings when you serve them.
I really hope that your family loves ranch chicken tacos as much as we do. These make it into the regular rotation of meals in our house.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning or two tbsp homemade ranch seasoning, 1/2 tsp reserved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Taco Shells of your choice
- cheese shredded
- lettuce shredded
- avocado diced
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- black olives
- tomatoes diced
- black beans
- Pour the chicken broth into the crock pot. Lay the chicken breast on top, then top with the ranch seasoning. Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours.
- At the end of the cook time, remove the chicken and shred it. Drain the broth, reserving 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Place the shredded chicken, the reserved ranch seasoning and broth, and cream cheese back into the crock pot and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- Place chicken in taco shell, and add toppings as desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe can be doubled. Cooking time may increase.
- To store leftovers, put in an airtight container and :
- Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days
- Freeze for up to a month
- Dietary Considerations:
- If you are gluten free, use homemade ranch seasoning and ensure the chicken broth you choose is gluten free.
- This can be a low carb meal by using a lettuce leaf instead of a taco shell
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment