For a simple and festive treat for the holidays or even a bake sale, whip up a batch of these Cranberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!
Christina here from FoodApparel.com. Oh, Christmas. How I love. (Except for the cold. That I can do without). I love the songs, the smells, the lights, the traditions, both that I’ve carried from growing up, and the new ones I’m making with my little family.
You know what else I love? RED. I love the color red. When I got married, I had a red sash for my wedding dress. What a little trendsetter I was!!! (Hahaha! Not really. I’m not a fashion blogger, k? But, I did tend to see more people wearing color with their dresses after me so I do have to say I was at the front end of that one. Just let me have this moment.)
Red is bold. Red is ZESTY (many inside jokes about this word in my circle of college friends). Red is Christmas.
So, you have to imagine how much I love showcasing red in my baking. For Christmas, it’s always the cranberries. I mean, just a couple weeks ago I was whipping up my favorite cranberry chutney and cranberry galette for the Thanksgiving spread and gawking over how beautiful they were.
These cranberry and white chocolate oatmeal cookies are another fun way to brighten up the holidays. Simple recipe, yummy flavor, and beautiful presentation for cookie exchange, gifting, or just keeping all to yourself!
I hope that you give these a try and that you have fabulous holidays surrounded by loved ones!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Cranberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ⅓ cups all-purpose flour spooned into measuring cup & leveled
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips substitute chocolate chips if you'd like, or do a combination
- ⅓ to ½ cup pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and soda, and salt, and stir to distribute evenly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir together until combined.
- Add white chips and dried cranberries and stir until combined.
- Drop 1 inch cookie dough balls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, or until cookies are set in middle and are just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment