You know that Chocolate and Peanut Butter were made for each other! Try out this fantastic combo in these Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies.
Christina with FoodApparel back to hang out. While everyone else is sharing their fantastical recipes for New Year’s Resolutions, I’m here to tempt you. Yep, devil’s advocate I guess. Maybe just the sweet tooth. This can be your reward day, k? I’m just giving you options.
Well, why I really wanted to share this brownie recipe with you is to announce the launch of my new website, The Chocolate Lover’s Club. So many years ago, I actually started a website called The Chocolate Lover’s Club. It was a pitiful little place just on free blog space. My pictures were garbage (bad camera, bad lighting, bad everything), my life was chaotic at the time, so I think I may have updated it once in about every 3-4 months.
A few years later, my sister-in-law Tammy and I started FoodApparel as a place to share our recipes and show people how to “dress them up” or “dress them down”. We are still actively posting here and have a lot of great things in the works for FoodApparel.
In the back of my mind though, I always wanted to give the Chocolate Lover’s Club a second chance because when I say I have a passion for chocolate, I kind of mean it. I’m serious. I’m nuts about it. And I want to share it with everyone!
So it’s happening. Your chocolate hub for all your chocoholics out there. Great recipes, chocolate reviews, and more. I hope that you’ll come and check it out!
Double Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- 4 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8x8 square baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine fine-quality dark chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 3 minutes, then add sugar and vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Mixture should be smooth and glossy.
- Stir in salt and flour until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips until evenly distributed. (optional)
- Pour batter into pan.
- Place peanut butter into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for about 15 seconds, just enough time for the peanut butter to soften.
- Stir peanut butter rapidly until smooth and a little runny.
- Pour peanut butter evenly over surface of brownies.
- With a knife, "cut" peanut butter into brownie surface to swirl it around. (make a beautiful design if you're up for it!)
- Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick comes out with crumbs (not goo).
- Cool brownies completely before cutting into squares.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @easyfamilyrecipes on Instagram and hashtag it #easyfamilyrecipes.