It doesn’t get much more SIMPLE or DELICIOUS than this Easy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon. This recipe brings together your favorite breakfast flavors like eggs, hashbrowns, cheese, and of course bacon and marries them together in a quick to prepare breakfast made in a single casserole dish. Serve this Easy Breakfast Casserole on its own, or with your favorite breakfast dishes for a hearty breakfast to start your day. Not only is this dish easy, but it also makes enough to feed a crowd so it is perfect to serve at gatherings, holidays, potlucks, brunches, and even showers.
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon Recipe
This is not just any breakfast casserole I am sharing with you today! It is pretty much the ultimate breakfast comfort food. And not only is it super delicious, but it is also surprisingly easy to make.
When you wake up and want to get breakfast on the table no one has hours to wait for you to make laborius recipes, so don’t worry, this one will take you as little as 10 minutes to prep and get in the oven, and you can be on your way to a filling breakfast to start your day!
If you love breakfast and need a few other ideas to try, my Breakfast Casserole with Sausage is super popular amongst my readers, this Loaded Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is one to put on your must try list, and the Apple Fritter Breakfast Casserole is super easy and filled with great breakfast flavors!
What to Serve with the Easy Breakfast Casserole
Whether it for for a holiday like Christmas or Easter, or just a normal day, this Breakfast Casserole is nice and hearty, filled with meat, eggs, cheese, and potatoes. It is sure to fill you up on it’s own, however if you want a little something else to compliment it, here are some of my favorite sides to serve with this Easy Breakfast Casserole.
- Fruit- Whole pieces of fruit, or a fruit salad!
- Breads- You could go with toast, english muffins or a biscuit
- Yogurt- Either plain or in a parfait with some fruit would be a great way to round out the meal.
- More Meat! If you have meat lovers at your house, you can put some extra meat out like sausage or ham (or chicken tenders for weirdo’s like me!)
- Salsa- I love salsa served with eggs, and this easy breakfast casserole is perfectly complimented by the flavors of your favorite salsa or hot sauce.
If you have any other suggestions for sides that go well with this dish, make sure and leave me a note in the comments so I (and our other readers) can give it a try next time we make this!
How to Make My Easy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
This bacon breakfast casserole is super easy as promised! You will find the FULL printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Before that though, I am going to go through a few tips and FAQ’s for this recipe so that it will hopefully answer any questions that may arise while cooking.
Can I make this Easy Breakfast Casserole the night before?
This is the number 1 question I get on my breakfast casserole recipes and the answer is YES! The way I do this is to prepare the casserole up to step 3, but leave the cheese off overnight. Then in the morning, add the cheese and bake. Continue the recipe as written, adding the bacon at the end.
The main thing to note and be careful of, is that when you are cooking straight from the refrigerator it will take longer to bake. If you have time you can let it sit out a bit to come closer to room temp, but if not, you can put it straight in the oven you will need to ensure it cooks all the way through before removing it and you may want to cover it with foil so that the top doesn’t get too crispy during the longer cooking time. Eggs should be cooked to 160˚F if you are using a food thermometer.
Can I substitute half and half for heavy cream?
I make this recipe with heavy cream and find that it adds to the casserole’s richness, texture, and creaminess. I have not tested this recipe with half and half but I think it would work, although you may lose some richness.
Do I have to use Cream Cheese in this recipe?
No you do not. The cream cheese is amazing in this breakfast casserole, but if you have picky eaters you can leave it out completely and it will still be delicious.
Can I make this recipe low carb?
This recipe has an estimated 6g net carbs per serving so it is already relatively low in carbohydrates. The main source of carbs in this recipe though is the hashbrowns. If you want to make it lower carb, you can try this version, Breakfast Casserole with Bacon, that does not include hashbrowns and has only 2g net carbs per serving.
Can I freeze Easy Breakfast Casserole?
Yes! You can actually freeze it before or after cooking, both with good results.
- To freeze before cooking- Prepare to step 3 right before you add the cheese. Freeze flat in a baking dish. Once you are ready to bake, let thaw completely, add the cheese and continue as directed.
- To freeze after cooking- Cool completely and slice into serving sized portions. Place slices in a zip top bag or other air tight container and freeze. Casserole can be reheated one slice at a time or as a whole in the microwave or covered with foil in the oven.
How do long do breakfast casserole leftovers keep?
You can save leftovers from this Easy Breakfast Casserole in the refrigerator or freezer. The casserole can be saved in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to a month. See note above for directions on freeziing the breakfast casserole.
I really hope that you get a chance to enjoy this Easy Breakfast Casserole with your family during the holidays or for any day around your family table.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free, of course! You can click here to sign up.
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Bacon
Yield 12 servings
This Easy Breakfast Casserole recipe is loaded with tender eggs, hashbrowns, cheese and of course bacon. It can be prepared and in the oven in as little as 10 minutes so you can spend more time with family and friends and less in the kitchen!
- 12 extra large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups frozen hashbrowns, thawed
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix the hashbrowns salt, pepper and cream cheese until everything is evenly distributed. Then pour the mixture in a greased 9x13" casserole dish.
- Then whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper together and pour over the hashbrowns. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then remove from oven and top the casserole with the bacon crumbles, and return to finish baking 10-20 minutes or until the center is just set and springs back when touched.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
This recipe is naturally gluten free. Double check all ingredients used to ensure compliance.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/easy-breakfast-casserole-bacon/
For more great easy recipe inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
Serving Size 1/12 casserole
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Unsaturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 261 mg
Sodium 746 mg
Total Carbohydrates 7 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 16 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @easyfamilyrecipes on Instagram and hashtag it #easyfamilyrecipes.