Who doesn’t love a good Alfredo recipe? This Easy Chicken Alfredo is the perfect CREAMY pasta dish. Your family will eat up every last bit of this delicious pasta. This is one of my families ALL Time favorite dishes. This a perfect weeknight meal for those busy summer nights.
Easy Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
It sounds much easier to open up a jar of Alfredo, but trust me when I say you will not want to ever buy a jar after making this delicious homemade Alfredo.
The beautiful part about this dish is how easy the sauce is to make. You guests will be begging you for the recipe and will wonder if you have spent some time in Italy.
The flavors are simple, but AMAZING! So you can serve it on a busy weeknight, or when you have company coming over and each will be equally impressed.
What to serve with Easy Chicken Alfredo
This is a delicious wholesome dish, so all you will need is a few simple sides to complete this meal. Here are a few of our favorite sides to serve it with:
Tips for making Easy Fettuccini Alfredo
I am going to share some of my little tips and tricks for making this recipe turn out the best below, but scroll down to the bottom for the FULL recipe card.
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a shallow dish mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and seasonings, and mix until combined.
- Place flour in separate bowl
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Roll the chicken breast in flour so all the sides are coated and shake off the excess. Dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then roll in bread crumbs.
- Place each piece of chicken on a cooking sheet apart from each other.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 min. Cut each chicken breast into slices.
For the sauce and pasta:
- Cook pasta to al dente per instructions.
- In a large skillet set to medium heat melt butter, add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the cream, cream cheese, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper and whisk until smooth.
- I prefer to use heavy cream in this recipe. It really has the perfect combination of richness and consistency to make a great sauce. You can use half and half, but I much prefer cream.
- Turn to medium high heat and continue to heat until sauce comes to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss drained pasta in sauce.
- Serve each plate with pasta then topped with chicken.
FAQ’s for Easy Chicken Alfredo
Can I use other types of chicken for in this recipe?
Yes! Although chicken breast is my preference, you can use most any boneless, skinless variety of chicken. The cooking time may change based on the size of the chicken you use. Make sure that the chicken is cooked to 165˚F for safe consumption.
How can I make this recipe gluten free?
This recipe can be made gluten free simply by using gluten free pasta. Please check all labels before using your ingredients.
How do I make the cream sauce thicker?
If you continue to cook the sauce, it will continue to thicken. The sauce also will thicken more as it cools.
How can I make the cream sauce thinner?
If you decide the sauce is too thick for your liking, you can thin it by stirring milk, half and half, or cream in one tablespoon at a time until the sauce is to the desired consistency.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Easy Chicken Alfredo
For the Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 6-8 thin pieces (about 1/2")
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
For the Pasta
- 1 lb fettuccini pasta uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 3 large fresh garlic cloves pressed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. In a shallow dish, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Roll the chicken breast in the flour so all sides are coated and shake any excess off. Then dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then roll the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place each chicken piece on a greased cookie sheet flat and not touching the other other chicken breast. You many need two cookie sheets to spread them out without touching.
- Bake on the lower oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165˚F). Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2" inch strips
For the Pasta
- Cook pasta to al dente per package directions.
- In a large skillet set to medium heat melt the butter, add pressed garlic in skillet over low heat until it begins to bubble and becomes fragrant.
- Add the cream, cream cheese, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium high and continue to heat stirring occasionally until it begins to rapidly boil, and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss drained pasta with the sauce until coated. Serve each plate with a helping of pasta and sliced chicken breast on top.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2019 The Pinning Mama- Recipe found at:https://www.thepinningmama.com/easy-fettuccini-alfredo
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)