Grade school class Fall parties are quickly approaching on us. Thanksgiving is a time to remember what we are thankful for, and gather with your loved ones. It is also a good time to teach kids about historic events. I’ve compiled a list of games and crafts for school parties. Some of these are available online and others are quick and easy DIY’s.
Class Party Games and Crafts
- Thanksgiving Photo Booth– I found a great option for photo booth props for all you. You could just hang up a plastic table cloth as your back drop. Then use the fun props in pictures. I find kids love photo booth and you get some pretty funny pictures.
- Turkey Craft Kit Activity– This is a fun easy craft I found on Amazon. Everything is pre-cut and perfect for a class party. Plus there is no mess.
- Make your own Pilgrim Hat– A fun way to teach kids a little about Pilgrims, while they make Pilgrim hats for the boys and Bonnets for the girls.
- Fall BINGO– Candy corn are pretty cheap this time of year, so grab a few bags and have the kiddos use them for their place holders during BINGO. Kids are love getting BINGO. You could always grab a few cheap $1 prizes for a few of the winner’s.
- Candy Corn Thanksgiving Turkeys Cupcakes– I found this cute idea over at The Crafting Chicks. I’ve provided a link and you can read all about this cute idea for a treat in your kids class. You could always just make the cupcakes and let the kids do the rest after you show them how to do it.
- Turkey Bowling- This is a quick and easy game to make. Use Brown or Orange plastic cups, add feathers, and a face. Set the cups up and let the kids take turn knocking the turkeys down. I put a fun twist on the game by using a plastic pumpkin to bowl with. I put these cute little turkeys together in about 10 min….. like I said super quick and easy game. We are hosting Thanksgiving so I’m also using this for a party game at our house.
- Glow Up Candy Corn Ring Toss- This is a fun quick and easy DIY game. The great thing about this game is it can be used at your own family parties too. Supplies need are 3 plastic cups or soccer cones, orange/yellow/white paint, card stock paper or bail of straw, 3 glow necklaces. Paint your cups/cones like candy corn….yellow on the bottom, orange in the middle, and white on top. Place the painted cones/cups on the card stock or straw and have the kids throw the necklaces around them. This was my kids favorite game, especially when we turned the lights off. I had little LED lights that I put under the cones to make them glow when we were playing. I linked the cones I purchased for this craft here.
I hope this eases some of your stress around the Holidays. I try to make my game/parties posts easy and quick to put together. Most of us are pressed for time or if you’re like me I forget until its’s almost too late. If you have any more great ideas or comments to add I’d love to hear from you.
Leave a Comment