Fall always seems to pass by way too quickly, and then before we know it Christmas is here. As the weather gets cooler and the leaves begin to change its time to make and check off bucket list items for fall. Its a great way to get the whole family outdoors and enjoy the beauty of this world. The colors are so vibrant and the crisp feeling in the air is so refreshing.
When fall approaches I have a whole new feeling of being alive. The colors, scents, and food is what I live for. I love watching my kiddos run through leaves, find their favorite pumpkin, and pick apples off the tree. I’ve compiled a big list of must-do’s for the fall.
The Ultimate List of Fun Fall Activities
- Apple picking at a local Orchard
- Crafts with Fall Leaves
- Go for walk on a Foggy day, and gather “fall treasures”
- Take a Fall drive to see all the beautiful leaves changing
- Paint pumpkins
- Attend a Fall Festival
- Make a big pile of leaves and jump into it
- Find the biggest, smallest, and craziest shaped pumpkins at the pumpkin patch
- Get lost in a Corn Maze
- Paint with apples
- Sip warm apple cider on your porch
- Rake leaves for your neighbor
- Watch a scary movie under a blanket
- Bob for apples
- Go on a hayride
- Take a hike
- Go to a Haunted House
- Send a “Thankful for You” note
- Go for a weekend getaway in the mountains
- Make S’mores
- Go antiquing for fun finds
- Bake an apple pie or apple dessert
- Carve pumpkins
- Enter your decorated pumpkin in a contest
- Make popcorn balls
An idea for all of you would be to find or buy popsicle sticks and write all of your fall bucket list items on them. Place the sticks in a jar. Let the kiddos choose one when they are bored and looking for something to do or if you are looking for a family activity. We did this with the list of activities and my kids are really excited to join in the fun.
I love fall and when ever this time of year approaches I get a big smile on my face. We have lived somewhere super warm all year round for the past 7 years, and this year we moved to New England. I love being back somewhere where I can truly experience all fall has to offer. We are trying to enjoy every minute before it gets too cold and the snow comes.