If you have kids, then what is more fun than getting them in the holiday spirit with some Halloween stories?! These are perfect for family time or listening to solo, and will really engage your kids keeping them hanging on every word! With books for the littlest kiddos all the way up to 10 year olds, there is something appropriate for every age. Whether you are looking for something with monsters, classics, or kid appropriate mysteries to keep you on the of your seat, we have a little bit of everything!
This post is sponsored by our long time favorite source for audiobooks, Audible! Their library is huge and packed with great books for our whole family!
When it comes to Halloween we love to embrace the light hearted fun of the holiday with the kids. From carefully picking out costumes, to decorating the house, they love to playfully enjoy the holiday. As we near the day we have enjoyed listening to audiobooks on Audible that have really been getting us in the spirit for Halloween.
Since we have a range in ages of kiddos at our house, from 2 to almost 8, there are books we all listen to together and some that my kids enjoy on their own for their quiet time, or before bed. I love, love, love Audible because they make it really easy for the kids to keep track of their audiobooks. We can be listening in the car, hit pause, and it will save the place and have it ready to pick up where they left off on the tablet or computer when we get home later. There is no way we could keep track of our spot without that! If you haven’t tried Audible, you should! You can even give it a try for your first 30 days for free to see if it works for your family! Grab your free trial here!
Halloween Audiobooks for Kids
As I mentioned, this collection of audiobooks is perfect for Halloween and has a wide variety of choices so you can find something for a small child to a budding teen. There are books with monsters, books with mysteries, classics that you may remember loving from your childhood, and even a few books that may produce real belly laughs! Almost every book on this list has among the highest ratings on Audible so they are tried and true and really likely to be a favorite of your kids too! I am breaking down the list for you by age below, and you can get more details on each book through the link.
Halloween Audiobooks for Ages 0-4
- Room on the Broom
- The Gruffalo
- Where the Wild Things Are
- Tumtum & Nutmeg: Trouble at Rose Cottage
- Monster Pals: Cute Rhyming Bedtime Story for Kids
- Leonard The Terrible Monster
- Happy Monsters!
Halloween Audiobooks for Ages 5-7
- Ballpark Mysteries Collection: Books 1-5
- Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery
- Nate the Great Goes Undercover
- Monster Fart Wars: Farts vs. Burps, Book 1
- The Great Mouse Detective
- The Monster in the Hollows
- Kids vs Halloween: How to Scare Monsters
Halloween Audiobooks for Ages 8-10
- Hank the Cowdog: The Case of the Halloween Ghost
- The Halloween Tree
- Merlin Missions Collection: Books 1-8
- The Boxcar Children Great Adventure, Book 1
- Nancy Drew Diaries, Book 1: Curse of the Arctic Star
- Diary of a Suspicious Spy: A Detective Story for Kids About Betrayal and Mystery
- Sherlock Holmes, Book 1: The Blue Carbuncle
- Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes
- An American Girl History Mystery: The Night Flyers
- Goosebumps Horrorland, Book 10
- Monster Zombies Are Coming for Johnny
That should definitely be enough books to keep you and your kids busy this Halloween season! Make sure and check out each title before your kids read them to make sure you think it is the right level of scare and maturity for them. Each kid is different, but I think these books will be great for most kids int he specified age ranges. If you have a favorite Halloween audiobook I missed, I would love for you to share it with me in the comments so I can grab it for my kids too! Don’t forget to grab your Audible trial so that you can get a free book this month for you or your kids!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.