Are you looking for an irresistible Valentine’s Day treat? These Heart Sandwich Cookies are it!
Hi, Ginnie from Hello Little Home here! Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, and I love coming up with fun ways to celebrate it.
If you have a sweet tooth, Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to indulge it. A cute cookie is my favorite way to do that!
These Heart Sandwich Cookies have a delicious, not too sweet flavor. They’re crisp around the outside and chewy in the middle.
Of course, the only thing better than a heart-shaped cookie, is a heart-shaped cookie with a white chocolate cream cheese filling. Yum! I can’t resist anything made with cream cheese, and this sweet, blush pink filling makes me so happy.
Both the cookies and the filling are easy to make. Gather your kids and bake up a batch for all their friends!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Heart Sandwich Cookies with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 tbsp. butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus extra for decorating
- red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cream together butter and sugars with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla, salt, and egg.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Add flour to butter mixture and blend until a dough forms.
- Lightly flour a flat surface, then roll out dough to a little less than 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out 28 hearts (gather and re-roll dough scraps to get enough cookies).
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet.
- Bake until cookies are golden on bottom, about 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave. Set aside.
- Blend together cream cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla and white chocolate.
- Blend in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add red food coloring a little at a time until you get a pink color you like.
- Spread white chocolate filling generously over bottom of a cookie, then top with another cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place a little powdered sugar in a fine mesh strainer, then sprinkle over tops of cookies.
- Serve cookies immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
These Heart Sandwich Cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day, but you can make these cookies a year round treat simply by changing the shape and/or the filling color.
Did you like these Heart Sandwich Cookies? Then, you’ll love these other Valentine’s Day ideas, too!
Hi, I’m Ginnie, and I blog over at Hello Little Home! I’m a married New Yorker with a creative streak, and I love to write about some of my favorite things: food, DIY, fashion, interior design, travel, and more.