It’s nearing the time that your Senior is graduating high school. Now the question arrises… what to get them?? If you’re kids are anything like mine getting gifts is hard because it seems like they already have what they need. I’ve searched high and low, talked to numerous mom’s and compiled a list of great graduation gifts for Seniors.
Sending your senior off to college is an emotional time but it can also be an exciting time as well. Helping them become an adult and live away form home is very rewarding. I know it’s easy to say it will be ok but sending them off with the needed essentials to be on their own can help.
Gift Ideas for Both Boys/Girls
- Laptop– If your senior is off to college this is probably going to be a need. It seems like most everything is done online including registering for classes, turning in assignments and so on. I know they are usually expensive but this will be a gift that will last the for a long time and used daily.
- Charging Station– This charging station is great because you can charge everything at once and the cords don’t get mixed up. It also reduces clutter, especially when space may be limited in a dorm.
- Sheets for Dorm Rooms– The best way to spruce up a boring dorm room is fun colored sheets.
- Overnight Bag /Luggage– Now that your loved one is leaving the house it’s time for them to get their own luggage to carry around with them.
- Backpack– This is the perfect time to upgrade their backpack to a more grown up and college ready one.
- Mountain Bike– If you’re student is planning on getting around campus on his bike a new one might be a good idea. This is also a great way for them to exercise.
- Lock for Mountain Bike– This is a necessity if your graduate is planning on taking their bike to school with them.
- Grocery Store Gift Card– This is a great gift to make sure they are well fed.
- Bluetooth Speaker– I love my bluetooth and speaker and take it everywhere.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones– You could always call these “roommate” cancelling headphones.
- Desk Lamp– Most dorm rooms are not well lit so the desk lamp is a great way to keep the room bright.
- First Aid Kit– You never know when they need simple first aid items and these kits seem to have all of them.
- Towels– A fresh set of towels will be great to send with your grad.
- Gift Card to Bed Bath and Beyond- For all those household items your child needs for his/her dorm room or apartments.
- Amazon Gift Card– We all know amazon has everything…
- Dorm Safe– If your loved one has any valuable this is a great gift to help them keep their things safe while they are at school.
Gift Ideas for Girls
- Class of 2018, High School Graduation Gift, Graduate, Senior, Roman Numerals Bar Necklace– I found this super cute necklace to give to your girl. What a great way to remember their graduation.
- Alex and Ani Graduation Bracelet– These bracelets are great to add a little flair to your outfit and this graduation one is a perfect piece.
- Gift card for Clothes– Clothes always help when having a bad day, so a gift card is a good idea.
- Sephora Gift Card– Makeup can be a little expensive so having a gift card can help lesson the burden of buying it.
- Clarisonic Cleansing Brush– This is a great way to help your student keep their skin fresh and free from acne. Start their good hygiene habits early.
- Organizer or planner– If your daughter is anything like mine they love to plan and make lists. This is a great way to keep them organized and on top of things.
- Poloroid Camera– This little camera is a fun way to capture the memories of college.
- Small Purse/Clutch– Help your girl keep their money and cards organized.
Gift Ideas for Boys
- Cologne– Since dating might become more important in your grads life this might be a good idea to get them.
- Dress Shirts– As your child starts school they may need to look a little more professional.
- Tervis Tumbler– These are super easy to wash and are very indestructible.
- Gift Card to favorite Restaurant– If cooking is not your boy’s strong point a gift card to their favorite restaurant is a good idea to ensure they are eating well.
- Small Tool Box– These come in handy when something needs to be fixed since they are not at home anymore.
- Money Clip with money– Instead of money laying around, help your child keep their money a little more organized and in order.
- Wallet– What better way to carry their cards, student ID and money than in this super sleek wallet.
Figuring out that perfect gift is always stressful and time consuming. I hope this big list helps you as you search and can take some of your stress away. Sending your grad away can be scary and emotional time. They are becoming an adult and leaving the house for the first time. Making sure they are prepared and leaving with the needed supplies for college can help.
If you have any great suggestions or ideas please comment below.