Do you find that your Silhouette CAMEO Mat is not as sticky as when you first got it? I find that mine becomes less sticky when I use fabric, glitter vinyl or paper, or thin construction paper. I will walk you through tips and tricks on How to Clean Silhouette CAMEO Cutting Mat. This process and EASY and simple to follow.
I will walk you through my tips and tricks to cleaning your Silhouette CAMEO mat.
How to Clean Your Silhouette CAMEO Cutting Mat
Is your mat a little full of leftover vinyl fibers or full of glitter. Mine was and I found myself super frustrated because none of my vinyl was sticking to my mat.
I wanted to cut some heat transfer vinyl for a shirt I was making, but my vinyl kept slipping. I decided to research how to clean my mat. There are so many different methods available to try.
After I cleaned my mat, I was hooked. It was just like I had bought a new mat. So I saved myself some money and just used resources I had to clean my mat. I try to clean my mat a little more often now that I know how easy it is.
After you wash your mat, you will need to bring back the stickiness to the mat. I have just the trick for you. Keep reading and I will walk you through the steps.
Some of these methods may work better for you than others, so give them a try. Please comment below to let me know you your favorite method for cleaning your Silhouette CAMEO mat.
- Soap and Water– Scrub your mat with soap and water using a sponge or a magic eraser. Your mat will be wet but don’t use a towel to dry it. Let your mat airdry.
- Goo Gone– I have a slight addiction to goo gone. This stuff is a miracle worker. Spread across your mat. Wait for 15 minutes and scrape your mat (I use an old credit card for my scraper). Rinse with water and let your mat air dry.
- Wipes– You can use wipes to clean the map, but make sure they are bleach free. Rubbing alcohol also works too. Use a soft cloth, add the rubbing alcohol and scrub your mat.
- Lint Rollers– If you find your mat has lots of fuzzy lint on it, use a lint roller across your mat. You can also put tape on your fingers and dab your mat like you are using a lint roller.
Adding Re-stick Back to Your Mat
Before applying any of these to your mat, make sure you put tape around your edges. You will need an area around the outside that is not sticky. This will make it less likely for problems to occur when placing your mat in your Silhouette CAMEO. It will be hard for the rollers to run if your they are getting stuck on the sticky part of your mat. Make sure your mat is completely dry before using it again.
- Quilt Basting Spray
- Krylon Spray Adhesive
- Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Scotch Multipurpose Adhesive Spray
- Elmer’s Repositionable Mounting Spray
I hope this answers your questions on how to clean your Silhouette CAMEO Mat. Once you clean your mat, I know you will feel like you just bought yourself a new mat.
More Silhouette Posts
- Silhouette Bootcamp
- Beginners Guide to Adhesive Vinyl