You will love this Skillet Ranch Chicken, this is one of my kids ALL TIME favorite recipes! This chicken is easy to make, delicious and tender. This Ranch Chicken is full of flavor with homemade ranch seasoning and cooked to perfection in a skillet. These Ranch Chicken Bites are perfect by themselves or a great for salads, sandwiches, pizzas, wraps and so much more. Skillet Ranch Chicken is gluten free and low carb!
Skillet Ranch Chicken Recipe
This is one of those recipes that is a regular in our family. I have been making this chicken for a few years now, and I love how versatile this recipe is.
This recipe is so simple, but packed with so much flavor. This recipe is one of those recipes where I always have everything on hand, and my go to recipe.
For this recipe all you need is 3 ingredients and a skillet… and that’s it. This recipe is done in 15 minutes flat! I love these for my kids because they are like chicken nuggets but healthier.
This recipe is great to double if you are meal prepping for the week. You can make so many different things with this recipe that I will share with you in this post.
Make up a big batch of Homemade Ranch Seasoning to keep on hand for you to use anytime you need it.
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken
The flavors in this recipe are so versatile it can pretty much be served with anything. Here are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with this chicken. I will post some classic sides along with low carb options as well.
Side Dish Ideas
- Mashed Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes
- Baked Potatoes
- Rice, Quinoa, or any other grain
- Corn Casserole
Low Carb Serving Ideas
- Riced Cauliflower
- Ranch Parmesan Cauliflower
- Sautéed Vegetables- my favorite with this dish is green beans
- Spiralized Zucchini
- Steamed Broccoli
If you like to serve this with something I missed, I would love for you to leave me a comment and let me know so I can try it out! I am always looking for new ideas!
How to Make Skillet Ranch Chicken
Like I said before this chicken is super easy to make and it’s ready in no time. Cut the chicken in bite sized pieces. Place olive oil and ranch seasoning in a ziplock bag. Toss the chicken in the bag and coat. Heat a skillet, add oil and place the chicken in the pan. Let the chicken cook 4-5 minutes before turning. Cook the chicken for an addition 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
Is this Skillet Ranch Chicken Gluten Free, Low Carb, Dairy Free?
Yes! It is not only low carb, low fat, and high protein, but it also accommodates many special dietary needs such as gluten free and dairy free as long as you use the homemade ranch seasoning listed.
Can I Freeze Skillet Ranch Chicken
Yes. This recipe can be frozen before or after cooking. You can freeze this chicken for 1 month in an airtight container.
What to do with Skillet Ranch Chicken Leftovers
The leftovers from this meal make a great meal the second or third time around!
You can store the leftover in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Here are some recipe ideas to use up the leftover chicken:
- Wraps or Pitas- This is my favorite way to use the leftover Ranch Chicken. Slather a layer of humus, spinach, tomatoes, feta, and tzatziki sauce and add the chicken.
- Baked Potatoes- Place chicken, cheese, butter, bacon, green onion and drizzle ranch on top.
- Tacos- Put on twist on taco Tuesday and add this chicken to your taco. Use bacon, avocado, cheese and drizzle with ranch.
- Salads- Some of my favorite salad combinations are greens, carrots, tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, cheese, bacon and your favorite dressing. You can see how I used it with some Moore’s Buffalo sauce in the picture below!
- Pizza- I love to use this chicken on pizza as one of my toppings. My favorite is to use it on a barbecue chicken pizza. Use barbecue sauce in place of traditional sauce, top with cheddar cheese, chicken, red onions, and bacon.
I sure hope you love this Skillet Ranch Chicken as much as my family does. We make this all the time and we never get tired of it.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Skillet Ranch Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-2" chunks. Put them in a container with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp ranch seasoning. Stir to coat with seasoning. Let rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and spread into a single flat layer. Let cook 4-5 minutes without stirring or moving the chicken. Then flip the pieces over and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp).
- Serve hot with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- You can also use chicken tenders, chicken thighs, or other cuts of meat, however the cook time may vary.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the:
- Refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Freezer for up to a month