This post contains affiliate links. For more information see our disclosure policy.
Need some ideas and activities to do this summer? Temperatures are heating up and schools are letting out and it won’t be long before the kids are saying, “I’m bored!” This summer bucket list is full of ideas to keep your kids busy checking things off their list as they are occupied experiencing all sorts of fun summer activities! How fun would it be to make it a family activity to see how many of these you can check off and what fun things you can add to the list?! We are even including a free printable list to print off for the bulletin board or give one to each kid and see who can finish first!
One of my favorite parts about this list is that whether you have a toddler or school aged kids, or its just you and your man, almost all of the things on the list are doable and fun regardless of age! I think summer fun just translates across all ages! I can’t wait to get started on this with my family!
We will be doing these all summer long with our families and posting to our Instagram with the hashtag #TPMSummerBucketList. We invite you to do the same! We would love to see all of your summer family fun! Follow us on Instagram here!
We have also added a Summer Bucket List board on Pinterest for even more ideas on fun summer activities for the family! Follow us on Pinterest here.
Here is THE 2013 Summer Bucket List: 50 Summer Ideas and Activities
- Make ice cream in a bag- This pin gives you directions for ice cream in a bag.
- Go on a summer scavenger hunt
- Take a trip to the Children’s Museum
- Find a Summer concert and go! If you google “free summer concerts (your city)” you are guarunteed to find some! If you live in a small town that doesn’t have any, why not give the kids some intruments (think creative, diy drums, kazoos, recorders, etc) and make your own concert!
- Have a picnic at the park
- Go to a drive-in movie- If you can’t find one have a drive in movie in your living room!
- Sometimes it seems like it never rains in the summer so do a rain dance to see if it works!
- Go to the pool!
- Have a water balloon fight or make these crazy water bombs!
- Watch fireworks
- Go on a hike
- Find a lightening bug
- Go on a boat or you could always make your own boat!
- Read a book- See this suggested reading list by age
- Plant something and see how big it gets before school starts!
- Watch a parade
- Blow bubbles- There are so many ideas for this! Check out these bubble recipes and ideas for bubble fun.
- Find a train and go on a ride
- Visit a farmers market and pick a new vegetable to try
- Find an ice cream truck and get ice cream
- Make a water obstacle course- Get creative! Letting the kids help design the course will be half the fun! Check out these fun water games we found on Pinterest!
- Visit an aquarium
- Make a list of 10 things you love about summer
- Lay on the grass and find pictures in the clouds
- Eat a sno-cone
- Go camping- Here are some great camping tips. Not the camping type? Try the back yard or just pitch a tent in the living room and make a flashlight campfire!
- Play flash light tag
- Ride in the car with the windows all the way down
- Whenever the mood strikes- turn up the music and have a dance party!
- Run through the sprinklers
- Go somewhere new in your city
- Go to the beach or if you are land-locked bring the beach to your backyard! Turn on the ocean with a sound machine or even your phone. Grab a beach towel and even get a sandbox.
- Make a list of 10 things you are looking forward to in the fall
- Write a story
- Have a family barbecue
- Do something special for a neighbor
- Make S’mores over a campfire- You can also use a fire pit, or your gas stove.
- Make paper airplanes and fly them outside. Try different kids and see which ones fly best! Try these paper airplane templates or make up your own.
- Find a new park to play at
- Have a fondue night- Get a fun fondue set or just make a yummy recipe and cook it on the stove. Make up silly rules on what someone has to do if they drop thier food they are dipping in!
- Take a picture of something that reminds you of summer
- Go to an outdoor movie
- Have an ice cream sundae party
- Make artwork out of nature– Try gathering leaves placing them under paper and rubbing crayons on top. Find different things in nature and make sculptures out of them. Be creative, the sky is the limit!
- Find constellations on a starry night- Find a free printable sky map for kids here! If your kids love this consider bringing the outside in with a Planetarium Projector.
- Trace your shadows at different times of the day with sidewalk chalk.
- Have a progressive lunch/dinner at the mall food court- Go to a food court and get your favorite thing from each place. Ex A drink from sonic, chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a, fries from McDonalds, dessert at Dairy Queen. Or let each person pick a place and a thing!
- Eat a popsicle
- Fly a kite- Find lots of fun types of kites on Amazon!
- Have a watermelon seed spitting contest!
Wouldn’t it be so much fun to start the tradition of checking off a Summer Bucket List each year with your kids? When they grow up they will always have memories of the fun, silly, and maybe even crazy activities that you did together as a family! As they get older they will have so much fun helping you to put together the list every year. I can’t wait to start this with my 3 year old. I hope you will join us! What other ideas do you have for your Summer Bucket List?
******* Make sure and Pin this on Pinterest using the Pin It button on any image, so you can refer back to all the great ideas!*******
One last thing before the download… You might want to like The Pinning Mama on Facebook to get more fun family ideas and exclusive free printables only for our FB fans!