The Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes of 2016. These are the recipes that were viewed over and over again and became favorites in your home just like mine! With over 4 million pins between all of these delicious recipes, these have been proven time and time again!
I absolutely love to cook. Of all the things that I blog about here at The Pinning Mama, creating, making, photographing and sharing new recipes with you is by far my favorite. Having this blog has helped me to stretch, think, and develop many new recipes that are regulars in our home now that I might have never have created had I not needed to think of new things to share with you. Many times a recipe fails, but then other times it is so incredibly good I immediately start thinking how to modify the recipe into other flavors too, and even more new recipes are born!
This years list, has some oldies but goodies, and a few new recipes that are destined to become classics! I shared 52 recipes this year, nearly one per week, and once you will read through the list below, you will know we definitely eat a lot of chicken around here in case you hadn’t noticed though the year! As a matter of fact, 31 of the 52 recipes were chicken! Who cares about cake… Let them eat chicken! Oh wait, I care about cake, let’s just eat both, okay?
So here it is! Starting from 10…
Top 10 Recipes of 2016
10. Turkey Ranch Roll Ups- This was posted in the second half of the year, but was such a hit, and viewed so many times, it inched it’s way into the top 10, and yum! They are tasty! If you haven’t tried them yet, they are a perfect dish to make for the big game or a New Year’s Eve party.
9. Pesto Spinach Artichoke Chicken Bake- I made this on a whim for a friend that had surgery and eats mostly whole foods, and it was so delicious, I came home and immediately made it again to share with you. This is perfect for a quick and easy meal packed full of delicious veggies and of course lots of flavor.
8. Ranch Chicken Salad– This one is not only so yummy but also Whole30 and Paleo compliant so you can make something delicious and also feel good about eating it! I am not a big diet person but this recipe is a winner whether or not you are dieting!
7. Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sliders with Syrup Glaze– This is a great, easy breakfast recipe for a crowd. If you are hosting a brunch or have a big family, this is a great one to make!
6. Italian Chicken Bake- This is absolutely one of my family’s all time favorite dinners. It is so crazy easy and just never disappoints! It has been on the top 10 for many years for a great reason.
5. Broccoli Cheese Chicken Bake– Some classic flavors all in a one dish meal. What’s not to love?
4. Queso Chicken Bake– Queso lovers unite! I am orginally from Texas and have eaten a lot of queso in my day. I thought that this dish would be the best excuse to turn this cheesy dip from an appetizer into a full on dinner. Apparently you agreed!
3. Fajita Chicken Bake– This is where it all started! This was my first chicken bake published on The Pinning Mama and started my love affair with one dish, quick, easy and super delicious week night dinners.
2. Thick – Soft – Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies– I have a small obsession with cookies and making them perfect, which to me equals soft, chewy, and thick. My Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip cookies have appeared on the top 10 before, but this year the Snickerdoodles shot straight to the top with lots of raving fans. I am so glad you love them as much as me!
1. Bacon Ranch Chicken Bake– All is right in the world when it is covered with bacon, ranch and cheese! This has been a reader favorite for years and I think it will be for many more to come!
I can’t wait to see what delicious things 2017 holds for my family to eat and me to share with you! Are there any favorites or special requests? I would love to hear in the comments below.