One of my favorite things is searching for the perfect toy to give my kids. Now that my little guy is getting older it is harder to find “toys” for him. This list contains the BEST Toys for 8 Year Old Boys. These toys are tried and true toys tested out by 8 year old boys and friends.
The BEST Toys for 8 Year Old Boys
These toys range from inexpensive to a little bit pricier. My goal was to find a wide range of gifts to fit all of your needs.
LEGO’s & Building Set Ideas
We really love LEGO’s at our house. My kids use them every single day. My little boys favorite thing to do with his LEGO’s is create new masterpieces with his sets.
You will find that as your kids get older the mess of LEGOs is far less than it used to be. I like to buy sorting drawers to organize all of our LEGO’s to keep them off the floor.
- LEGO Minecraft the Zombie Cave
- LEGO Technic WHACK!
- LEGO Ninjago Masters of Spinjitzu
- GraviTrax Marble Run
- Hot Wheels Criss Cross Crash Track
- Roller Coaster Challenge STEM Toy
All Boy Play
One of my boys favorite thing to do with his friends is have NERF gun wars. They play with them for hours and hours. The thing I like about NERF guns is that they are soft when the bullets hit you and they don’t scratch up your walls. Some of the more powerful guns may hurt so just be aware when buying them.
I like to send my boy and his friends outside to have NERF gun wars. They like to dress up in camouflage and run around. This keeps them out of your hair for a good while.
- Kids Bow & Arrow
- Kids Tactile Vest Kit for NERF Guns
- Franklin Sports Over the Door Mini Basketball Hoop
- Scravenger Nerf Zombie Strike Toy with Blaster
- Laser Tag Set
- Infinus Nerf N-Strike Elite Toy Motorized Blaster
- NERF N-Strike Elite Distributor
It seem like around this age boys are really wanting to be on their electronics more. One of our favorite devices is the iPad.
The thing I love about the iPad is that you can put safety parameters and time constraints on it. I also like to download educational apps for them to work on while they are off of school in the summers or on vacation.
- Educational Toy Robot for Kids
- littleBits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
- i-Poster My World Interactive Map
- Portable 4-Pad Tabletop Electronic Drum Kit with Drumsticks
- Mini Drone WIFI FPV Remote Control Helicopter with HD Camera
Fun Cool Gadgets
One of my boys interest is finding out how things work and taking them apart. He is so interested in figuring things out on his own.
He has been into “cool” gadgets ever since he was a little boy. I would set up a trap so he couldn’t go upstairs and he would figure out how to get around it every time. These are a few of our favorite gadgets.
- Mini Drone Flying Hand Operated Drones
- Beginner Microscope STEM Kit
- Smart Robot Toys
- Baztoy Transform Toy Remote Control Car
- Fisca RC Car Remote Control Stunt Car
- STEM Building Toys, Remote Control Racer
- Scientific Explorer Magic Science
Outdoor Play Ideas
Anything that gets my kids outside is a good toy in my book. One of my little guys favorite toys is his bike. He rides it every single day. We also love to ride bikes as a family. It’s a good way to bring the whole family together.
Spending the money on a nicer bike will benefit you in the long run because he will be able to use it for years and years.
- Stomp Rocket
- Electric Scooter
- Activ Life Best Kids Flyer Rings
- Backyard Explorer Kit
- Hoover Soccer Ball Set
- Capture the Flag REDUX: The Original Outdoor Game for Youth Groups
Finding toys for kids can be really fun when you have direction. I hope you find the toy you were looking for in this list. I’m just an everyday mom, and I love sharing some of our tried and true tested toys.
If you have any more toy ideas please comment below, I love to hear from my readers.