This Wedge Salad is SUPER EASY and Loaded with flavors! This salad is full of flavors and drizzle in a creamy dressing. You will be completely satisfied when you finish eating this salad, in fact you will be dreaming about the next time you can eat it. This salad perfect for meal prepping during the week. You could eat this salad a few times the week and only prep it once. This salad is naturally gluten free and low carb.
Wedge Salad Recipe
I truly love salads, but the prep work for them always scares me away. This salad super quick to prep for and full of delicious flavors. This salad is full of crunch and flavor in every bite. This salad tastes like you just ordered it from an upscale steakhouse.
The flavors in this wedge salad are classic. I love serving this salad with guests because it is very eye appealing and taste just as appealing as it looks. I love love love the flavors in this salad, they are simple yet profound. The secret to making it over-the-top delicious, is this homemade gorgonzola dressing!
How to make Wedge Salad
This salad takes a small amount of prep work, but once that is done the rest is super easy. First, you have to core the lettuce length wise so you have 4 equal wedges. Cut the tomatoes and onions. Place a wedge on each plate, add gorgonzola dressing to the top. Sprinkle tomatoes, onions, bacon and blue cheese on top. Enjoy!
Can I use other lettuce besides iceberg?
I wouldn’t recommend it. The “wedge” part of the salad is made by using a wedge of iceberg lettuce. If you don’t like iceberg, you could use a different lettuce it just would not look like the traditional wedge.
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten free and low carb. Before you use the dressing please check labels to ensure it is gluten free.
Notes on Making Wedge Salad
This recipe is simple and only takes a few ingredients.
- This recipe makes 4 salads.
- Assemble the salad right before serving.
- You can meal prep this salad, just add the dressing right before serving.
- You can refrigerate this salad in airtight containers for up to 2-3 days without the dressing.
- You can get creative as you want with different toppings for this salad.
- To make this the MOST delicious, make sure to use my homemade Gorgonzola Dressing. It makes a BIG difference!
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as me and my family.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola dressing
- Core the lettuce and cut lengthwise twice so that you have 4 equal wedges of lettuce.
- Place each wedge on a plate. Top the wedge with 2 tbsp gorgonzola dressing, 1/4 cherry tomatoes, 1-2 tbsp green onion, 2 tbsp bacon crumbles, and 2 tbsp blue cheese.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Comment