If you’re looking for a great place to get away with your family, Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort is your destination. Nestled just outside of the beautiful Zion’s National Park in Southern Utah. We visit this area every two years with family and it never dissapoints. They have activities for all ages and the fun never stops. My kids could stay here for a whole week and never get bored.
- Ziplining– This little zip line is perfect for kids and not too high for those afraid of heights. They also offer after dark zip lining which is one of my kids favorite things to do because they really feel like they are flying. Th zip line goes from the top of the barn over a small pond and end in a field.
- Horse Back Riding– My little girl is obsessed with animals and especially horses so this activity was made for her. If you have children shorter than 4 feet high they offer pony rides around. If your child is 8 years old and over 4 feet tall they can go on a course ride up in the mountains for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours. This was worth the money for sure.
- Rock Climbing Wall– Build along the side wall of the big barn is a rock climbing course. Ranging from easy to hard kids can enjoy the challenging thrills of rock climbing. Safety is always a main concern so you have a person below making sure your secure every time you climb.
- Bungee Trampoline– If you’re feeling like you want to try feeling like you’re in a circus this fun trampoline is a great way to try front flips and back flips with our falling down. You are strapped to a harness with bungee cords attached holding you up offf the trampoline. Your kids can flip until they see stars.
- Miniature Golf– This 18 hole miniature golf course is a great way to spend an afternoon with the kids. Most of the obstacles are nature made and the course is surrounded by beautiful scenery and cabins. You can purchase an unlimited pass to enjoy while you are staying at the ranch.
- Pool– The pool is beautiful and spacious and feature 2 waterslides. The pool is included in your rental and it’s free of charge. They offer towels and water. The water is clear and refreshing and they have 2 hot tubs for those chilly evenings.
- Tennis Courts– Olympic size tennis courts are available to play on. Nestled up against the beautiful red rocks these courts are a site to see. Tennis equipment is available to rent or you can bring your own gear to play with.
- Razor Rentals/ATV– If you’re feeling like you want to do a little exploring with the family outdoors razor’s/ATV’s are a great way to explore around the area and get a little dirt on your face as you do it. There are a wide variety of trails available to explore and catch a glimpse of Zion’s without even entering the park.
- Paddle Boarding/Kayaking on the pond– This is a new feature just finished this year. A man made pond with paddle boards and kayaks to use for a small fee. You can also swim in the pond if youre feeling adventurous. Around the pond is green grass that is great for a family soccer game or just running on.
- Hiking/Guided Hiking– Of course being in Zion the hiking is endless. Just outside of Zion Ponderosa Resort Resort are some great hiking trails without even entering Zion’s National Park. There is a whole map provided to you upon check-in at the resort.
- Shotgun Range– For those wishing to shoot a few rounds or sharpen their shot, this range is for them. You can bring your own guns or rent some from the resort.
- Paintball– My kids are too young for this still but all of our cousins play this every year. The guns and smocks are provided and the course is on property. Everyone loves a good round of paintball to start their day.
- Kids Camp– If you’re looking to spend the day hiking and away from your kids, kids camp is the solution. They offer full day or half day from offs. Children must be potty trained to attend.
You definitely have never seen anything quite like Zion and it’s well worth your time and money to visit. If you book your activities for the resort online before you arrive they do give you a 10% off code at checkout. The staff are so friendly and willing to help you in any way. Make sure you visit here for your next family vacation.