I like to throw my kids parties before they start school, and I’m always looking for fun and exciting games to do. They’re usually a little sad because they don’t want summer to end so I try and make it something they look forward to at the end of summer. I will include a list of inside and outside games as well as crafts they could take to their teachers. Most of these activities includes items you most likely have at home making this a easy and quick prep for your party.
Games for Back to School Parties
- BINGO– My kids love a good game of BINGO and what better way than a back to school board to get them ready. I usually use candy or pennies to cover the BINGO spots. When they get BINGO the kids can eat the row of candy or keep the pennies.
- Musical Chairs- This one is always a big hit when my kids play it. Make sure you have one less chair than the amount of players…start to play music when the music stops, the kids need to be in a chair… if they don’t have a chair they are out.
- Touch and Feel School Supplies Game– For this game you would gather all your different school supplies, put them in a brown bag or something that is not see through. Have the kids put their hands in the bag and try to guess what their hand is touching before they pull out the item.
- Back to School Photo Booth– I found these cute photo booth props on amazon. I usually set up a cute background… a sheet or plastic table cloth. You can find plastic table cloths at the dollar store. It is so fun to watch to kids make silly faces for the camera and giggle with their friends.
- Side Walk Chalk Art– Help spark your child’s creative mind by having them design a masterpiece in your driveway or outside on the sidewalk.
- Nerf Gun Wars– Hang Balloons along your garage attached to crepe paper and see who can hit the most balloons.
- 4 Legged Race– These fun devices are great for leg races. You need atlest 2 people to start the race. You place your feet inside the holes and try to run while your attached to your partner. This game is fun for any age child to an adult. It teaches them balance and teamwork.
- Make your own Bookmarks- My kids love to read and you can never have too many bookmarks. I would precut construction paper is a few different colors, buy some fun stickers or find some you already have and let them use their creativity. You could tie yarn or ribbon at the top so it can hang out of their book, marking their place.
- School Year Bucket List- Have the Kids think about all the things they want to accomplish or do during the school year. This activity can be a fun way for them to think about what new things they want to learn this school year.
- Make your own Back to School T-shirt- Buy a cheap t-shirt and use Fabric Markers to create their masterpiece. You could also have them do a backpack/satchel, hat, apron… any of these work. My kids love making their own things and even better if they can wear it too.
I hope these ideas help to ease your child’s transition back to school. This time can be stressful but having a little fun before hand helps. Most of these are easy to make because you already have items on hand and the other items are very affordable and are linked here for you.
If you have any more fun ideas for Back to School games and crafts please comment below.
Leave a Comment