This Balsamic Dressing is the perfect amount of tangy and sweet! This dressing goes well with any salad you pair it with. This dressing is also delicious when drizzled over Brussel sprouts, asparagus, and carrots. With less than 10 ingredients, this recipe is easy to whip up quickly and store it in the fridge. This recipe is naturally gluten free and friendly for most diets! Enjoy!
Homemade Balsamic Dressing Recipe
I really love to cook, but I also like to go out to eat. A lot of my inspiration for recipes is food I eat when I am out. I had a salad at one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The dressing was of creamy delicious and full of balsamic flavor. I just had to figure this dressing out so I could have it at home. I spent the next few days tweaking my recipe to have the perfect flavors.
I am super excited to share my Homemade Balsamic Dressing with you. You can make any bland salad exciting to eat with this amazing dressing.
How to use Balsamic Dressing
This delicious salad dressing can be use as a traditional dressing for salad or so much more. Here are a few of my favorites:
As a Salad Dressing
- Cobb Salad- Mix greens, tomatoes, cheese, red onion, bacon, egg, avocado and olives together. Drizzle this dressing on top.
- Side Salad- Mix greens, carrots, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber together. Drizzle the dressing on top.
- Berry Salad- Mix greens, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and feta cheese together. Drizzle the dressing on top.
- Kale Salad- Mix kale, feta, shredded carrots and sliced almonds together. Drizzle the dressing on top.
Other ways to use Balsamic Dressing
- As a dip- This is a delicious dip to place beside a vegetable tray for dipping.
- As a marinade- Marinade chicken in this dressing for 30 minutes to 2 hours and then grill to perfection.
- Roasting vegetables- Toss vegetables in the Balsamic Dressing, then spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425˚F until they are just tender.
How to Make Balsamic Dressing
This dressing is super easy to make and comes together in a few quick minutes! Simply whisk together all the ingredients. You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Whisk or shake well before each use.
Do I have to use olive oil to make this dressing? Can I substitute other oils like vegetable oil, canola oil etc?
I think olive oil is important to the flavor of the dressing so I recommend that is what you use. If you are in a pinch, you could try a different oil and it could work, but will probably have a different flavor than the recipe.
Do I have to use sugar in this recipe?
You can try this without sugar. You may find the recipe to taste a bit bitter, but you may like the taste if you are used to things not being so sweet. You could also try using a natural sweetener like honey, or any other sugar substitute. I haven’t tried using artificial sweeteners in salad dressing, but I have done some research and think it may work, but since most are fairly concentrated and sweeter than sugar in their natural forms, you may need to reduce the amount you add.
How long can I keep this salad dressing in the refrigerator?
You can store this dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Is this recipe Gluten Free?
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten free. Remember to always read labels before using spices to ensure that it is gluten free.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as me and my husband.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a dressing container or mason jar.
- Whisk well until the dressing is emulsified (combined well and not separating).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Whisk or shake well before each use. Enjoy!