This Cobb Salad is incredibly DELICIOUS and LOADED with flavors. You will enjoy so many different flavors in each and every bite. Most often I find myself hungry after eating a salad. That is not the case with this Cobb salad. One of the benefits of this salad is you can meal prep more salads throughout the week with all of the ingredients. I like to put my salads in air tight containers without the dressing. You could eat this all week and only meal prep it once. Enjoy!
The BEST Cobb Salad
I really love salads and get them every time I go out to lunch, but at home the prep work is what scares me away from making them.
This salad is super simple to make, once all of the chopping is done. You can change this salad up a bit to fit ingredients that you already have on hand.
This Cobb salad is a classic Cobb salad, full of flavor and bursting with color. You can make this for lunch or dinner for your family. Or if you are having a crowd, I like to serve this “salad bar” style for entertaining. If I am making this for dinner with my family, I throw it in a big bowl and toss.
Tips for Making Cobb Salad
This salad takes a bit of prep work, but once the chopping is done, it comes together in minutes and feeds the family or you have enough for meals all week.
- Simply dice your lettuce, tomatoes, onions, chicken, eggs, avocado and bacon.
- You can do this by hand fresh, which is my preference, or if you are in a time crunch, you can get most of these ingredients pre-diced at the store.
- If you are not serving the salad immediately wait to cut the avocado until right before serving.
- Next combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- I like to arrange the toppings as you see pictured so that it makes an impressive presentation. Then you can toss everything together before serving.
- If you are serving a crowd you can double or triple the ingredients, and make it traditionally, or keep all of the ingredients separate to serve salad bar style.
- Toss with your favorite dressing, and serve!
FAQ’s for Cobb Salad Recipe
Is this recipe gluten free?
This recipe is gluten free as long as you use gluten free toppings. Check your labels on your dressings to ensure they are gluten free as well.
What is the best type of greens to use in this salad?
I like to use the mixture of butter lettuce, romaine, and iceberg for a great combination of flavor and texture. If you are in a pinch you can use all
How do I Meal Prep Cobb Salad?
- Prep and cut all ingredients.
- Arrange the lettuce, chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, eggs and onions in an airtight container. Place dressing in a separate air tight container.
- When ready to serve add avocado and toss with dressing.
I place my dressing in small single serving size containers. This makes for easy on the go lunches. You can store this for up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house! If your family does not like some of the ingredients in this salad, switch it up with ingredients they do like.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chicken cubed
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Combine lettuce in a large bowl and toss to mix. Leave in bowl, or move to platter.
- Arrange each of the ingredients except the dressing in a line down the length of the salad.
- Before serving drizzle the dressing over the top and toss, or toss the salad and serve it on the side for each person to add their own. Enjoy!
- If you prefer creamy dressing use ranch or gorgonzola dressing, if you prefer non-creamy use balsamic vinaigrette. We use ranch when we make it.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)