This Chef Salad recipe is super EASY and loaded with flavors. This salad will satisfy all of your cravings in every single bite you take. Sometimes I find myself hungry after I finish my salad, this is not the case with this salad. One of my favorite things about this salad is you can meal prep with all the ingredients in this salad. I like to put the salad in airtight containers without the dressing, and place the dressing on top when its time to eat the salad. You could have this salad all week and only have to prep it once. You need to add this salad to your regular meal rotation.
Chef Salad Recipe
I love salads but the prep works is what gets me every time. This salad is quick, simple and super easy to make. You can change this salad up a little bit by what you have on hand at the time.
This Chef Salad is pretty classic but full of flavor. If I am serving this for dinner I make it in a big bowl and toss it right before serving to my family. If you do have special dietary it is also really fun to serve “salad bar” style to let everyone add their own toppings to customize their salad to their own dietary needs and taste preferences.
How to make Chef Salad
This recipe does take a bit of chopping and prepping but once it’s done you can enjoy this delicious salad. Dice your avocado, tomatoes, and lettuce of choice. Next, chop up your cheese, meat, and eggs. Now combine everything in a bowl and toss with your favorite dressing. You can also add croutons or nuts on top for an added crunch.
What is the best type of green to use in this salad?
It’s all about preference. I like to use a mixture of all different kinds. My latest favorite combination is romaine lettuce, spinach, and spring mix.
Is this recipe gluten free?
This recipe is gluten free as long as you use gluten free toppings. Do not add the croutons if you are staying clear of gluten. Check your labels on your dressings to ensure they are gluten free as well.
Notes on Making Chef Salad
This recipe is super easy to make. Here are a couple tips for you.
- This recipe makes 2 large salads or 4 side salads.
- Only add the croutons and dressing right before serving.
- You can refrigerate this salad in airtight containers for up to 2-3 days without the dressing.
- You can get creative as you want with different toppings for this salad.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 oz provolone cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup ham cubed
- 1/2 cup turkey cubed
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing could use gorgonzola or Italian
- Combine lettuce in a large bowl and toss to mix. Leave in bowl, or move to platter.
- Arrange each of the ingredients except the dressing in a line down the length of the salad.
- Before serving drizzle the dressing over the top and toss, or toss the salad and serve it on the side for each person to add their own. Enjoy!
- Use the dressing of your preference. We use homemade ranch, but all are great tasty options.