If you want to delight your kids with a little Christmas magic this holiday season, try making these super easy, and extra yummy Cinnamon Roll Reindeer. These little guys only take a couple of minutes to make and are a super fun Christmas breakfast for kids or a potluck or holiday brunch.
Let me tell you just how much fun we have been having around here creating these fun Christmas Breakfast ideas. My kids have been like the stars of the lunch table since we made all sorts of these fun twists for Christmas cinnamon rolls and I have been putting the extras as a dessert in their lunch box.
We always love to make a big deal of the holidays. Christmas is only once a year and it is such a great way to play with your kids, form traditions and memories that will be something they look forward to year after year. These guys have become a big one of ours. A couple of years ago I got a little creative one morning during the holiday season and turned our cinnamon rolls into these fun Christmas trees. Each year since we have had fun making new creations to go with the others. We have quite the collection now and I am excited to share one of my favorites with you today.
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Reindeer
One of the things that makes this Cinnamon Roll Reindeer so awesome is that it really is just so, so easy to make. All you need are a few things:
- A package of classic Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. I use the regular ones but the grands would work too but be much bigger in scale.
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 16 large candy eyes– I grabbed these at Walmart, but you can also find large candy eyes on Amazon. If you can’t find large you can use small too, but I think they are cuter with the big eye balls.
- 8 thin twisted pretzels– I used the Snyders but any brand would work. You really only need 8, however if you are like me and need a few trys to break them into the perfect antler shape you might want several more.
- 8 red M&Ms– You can use red or brown and red, but in my house everyone wants Rudolph so we go with all red.
Making these guys is as simple as promised! Just a few quick steps and you are on your way to having your own team of reindeer. This is also perfect for kids to help with making because it is so simple.
- First preheat the oven as directed on the package. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or a Sil-pat liner. Then place the rolls evenly on the cookie sheet with about 2 inches in between each one. Cook as directed.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooking, mix the teaspoon of cocoa into the frosting from the cinnamon rolls to create chocolate frosting. Then break the pretzels to create antlers and set aside.
- Once the cinnamon rolls cool a bit, frost them with the chocolate frosting, then add 2 candy eyes, a red nose and two antlers on each. I think that it looks a little better if you wait until the rolls cool mostly, but it tastes way better to do it so you can eat them while they are warm, so do which ever sounds best to you!
- Serve with a big glass of milk and enjoy!
I hope you really enjoy these fun little guys! We are excited to have a couple more ideas over the next few weeks before Christmas to share with you too so stay tuned. Also, if you get a chance to make these with your family I would love to hear about it! Leave me a note in the comments or tag me in a pic of your creations on Instagram or Facebook @easyfamilyrecipes. I absolutely love knowing that others are making the recipes we create! Have a great holiday season!
Leave a Comment