These Greek Chicken Bites are the perfect easy weeknight dinner! They hit the dinner TRIFECTA! Easy to make + Delicious + Healthy = The perfect dinner in my book! They hit the mark with tender chicken coated in flavorful greek spices and perfect cooked in a hot skillet! Greek Chicken Bites are kind of like the chicken nugget’s older, cooler sister. They have a similar form factor, but are much more grown up and sophisticated. The best part though is that this Greek Chicken is tasty enough for adults to love, but also familiar enough for kids and picky eaters to enjoy. You can serve them by themselves at the main dish or use them as filling for your favorite greek foods like pits, gyros, or salads. This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free and low carb.
Greek Chicken Bites Recipe
These little bites of flavorful chicken may not have the perfect name but boy are they one of my easy go to recipes.
Even on the busiest weeknight I have time to make these Greek Chicken Bites. They are super simple and perfectly wholesome for a huge weeknight win. All you need is some chicken breast, seasoning mix, and olive oil and you are halfway done with dinner!
This chicken dinner cooks up quickly in a skillet and can be served with almost any side you enjoy. I will list some of my favorites below, but this really is a meal that you can serve up with almost anything, so it is great when you have some things in the fridge that you need to get eaten. The fresh made chicken can make them seem like a whole new meal.
The key to this Greek Chicken is the Greek Seasoning. I absolutely LOVE this homemade Greek seasoning, which is gluten free and dairy free. I pretty much make up a large batch a few times a year and always keep this on hand. If you prefer to buy it premade, I also really like the Cavender’s Greek Seasoning that you can get at most grocery stores.
Quick, easy, and tasty is great, if not essential, for hectic working moms like me, but what is probably the very BEST part of this meal is that you can cook up a bunch of these little Greek Chicken bites and then refrigerate to use in meals or for meal prep for the week, or even freeze them to use throughout the month.
This Greek Chicken recipe is super delicious, and also a gluten free, dairy free, and low carb meal option. I’ll go through all of my ideas and suggestions I talked about for this dish here so just follow along or jump down to the bottom of the post if you just want the recipe card.
What to Serve with Greek Chicken Bites
As I mentioned above, this Greek Chicken is great because it goes well with so many side items, vegetables, salads etc! I will list some of my favorite serving suggestions below, but feel free to serve these with confidence however you want. And if you have a really great suggestion, make sure to leave me a comment so that I can try it out too!
Traditional Greek Chicken Serving Ideas
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Potatoes- Mashed Potatoes, our favorite Smashed Potatoes, or if you are short on time, throw some frozen french fries in the oven then top them with feta and parsley for a greek flair
- Rice or other grains- we really like quinoa, and cous cous also.
- Pita bread or naan- serve it toasted with hummus or tzatziki to dip or you can toast it with garlic butter for more flavor
Low Carb Greek Chicken Serving Options
- Greek Salad- You can serve the Greek Chicken as a side salad or right on top to make it an entree salad. You can try my loaded greek salad here. It is so good!
- Cauli rice- Prepare it in the oven or in a skillet
- Spaghetti squash- add some feta and diced tomatoes to the squash and it makes a perfect side for this
- Sauteed Spinach- This is my go-to easy side dish for any meal and it goes especially well with this Greek Chicken
Ideas for Leftover Greek Chicken
Since this Greek chicken is so quick and easy to make you might just make it up fresh each time you want it, but I tend to like to make big batches and keep it handy to make up other meals using the prepared chicken so dinner can literally be on the table in minutes. If I do a good job of making the new meal, my family doesn’t even realizing they are eating the same thing we had days before! Win!
To store leftover Greek Chicken, once it has cooled, place it in an airtight container. Store in the:
- Refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Freezer for up to a month
When freezing I like to portion out the chicken into smaller quantities so I can get just what I need for each meal without having to thaw the entire batch.
Here are some ideas on other meals you can put together quickly with these greek chicken bites:
- Greek Chicken Pita Pockets- stuff the pitas with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and drizzle with greek dressing
- Greek Chicken Wraps- Grab some flatbread at the store and stuff it full of hummus, tzatziki, tabbouleh, pepperoncinis, chicken, feta, spinach and more!
- Greek Chicken Gyros- My kids call these Greek tacos because we use pita to wrap up the chicken and any other fixings they want. We think this is fun because everyone can customize their own.
- Greek Chicken Salad- You can use this green greek salad recipe or chop up the chicken and use it in this creamy chicken salad
- Greek Chicken Grain Bowls- If the gyro was the greek taco, this is the Greek style burrito bowl. We love to do this buffet style with chicken, tomatoes, feta, cucumbers, carrots, spinach, lettuce, olives, peppers, onions, chickpeas, artichokes etc. You can use rice, but our favorite is a quinoa base then add on whatever toppings you want and drizzle with greek dressing. Toss it with a fork and dig in!
- Greek Chicken Nachos- Layer pita chips with tzatziki, hummus, tomatoes, cucumbers, and chicken then sprinkle it all with feta cheese. This is a great warm weather dinner that has my family cleaning their plates!
- Meal Prep- Add the greek chicken bites with different side options throughout the week like steamed broccoli, roasted cauliflower, greek salad, cucumber and tomato salad, rice, quinoa etc for a meal prep that is anything but boring!
If you have other ideas on how to make this Greek Chicken into a completely new meal, let me know below in the comments! I would love to try it out the next time we make this dish!
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up now!
Greek Chicken Bites
Yield 4 servings
These Greek Chicken Bites are a wholesome and delicious way to prepare a chicken dinner super quick. They are loaded with flavor and taste great on their own, or in pitas, wraps, gyros or your favorite greek dish.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp greek seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-2" chunks. Place them in an airtight container and add the greek seasoning and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix to evenly coat chicken and let rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken spreading in a single layer. Let it cook without stirring for 3-5 minutes or until it gets a nice brown sear on the side touching the pan. Flip the chicken over and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- You can use chicken tenderloins or other cuts of chicken in lieu of full chicken breasts however, cooking time may change.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for low carb and keto diets.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.
©2018 Easy Family Recipes- Recipe found at: https://www.easyfamilyrecipes.com/jalapeno-popper-chicken-casserole/
For more great easy dinner inspiration, sign up for our emails here!
Serving Size 8 oz
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Unsaturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 110 mg
Sodium 1406 mg
Protein 44 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.