Lime Cheesecake Cups are a bite-sized dessert made from lime cheesecake in a sugar cookie crust.
Bite-sized desserts and appetizers are my weakness. I don’t know if it is because they are so cute or because I can eat 10 of them and say I’ve only taken a few bites, lol. These lime cheesecake cups are one of Melinda and I’s most recent creations. We both love key lime pie and these cups have the same flavors in a small package.
Awhile back Melinda got a pastry tamper and she realized it was perfect for making cookie cups. We’ve been on a cookie-cup-making spree ever since. It’s so easy and there are so many bite-sized you can make with them. To make a cookie cup make a 1 inch ball of cookie dough, place them in a mini muffin tin and then press down with the small end of a pastry tamper to create a cup. Then bake the cookies according to your recipe (we used premade dough for these). When they come out of the oven the centers will have puffed up. Used the tamper to press them back down and let the cups cool. It’s important that you remove the cups before they cool completely otherwise they are really hard to remove from the muffin tin.
While your cookie cups are baking you can make the lime cheesecake filling. It is just cream cheese, sugar and lime juice mixed together. Feel free to add more lime juice to get the flavor the way you like it. When your lime cheesecake mix is ready scoop it into your cooled cookie cups and top with whipped cream and a slice of lime and you have a delicious lime bite that is great for summer parties.
Lime Cheesecake Cups
Yield 20 cups
- 1 package of Premade Cookie Dough (or your favorite homemade cookie dough)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Rolls cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place it in each mini muffin tin.
- Use pastry tamper to press the dough down and form a cup.
- Bake cookies according to package, or your recipe, instructions.
- When cookies are done baking press the middles down with the tamper again.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes and then remove them from the muffin tins.
- Make cheesecake filling by combining cream cheese, sugar and lime juice and mixing thoroughly.
- When cookies are completely cool add cheesecake mixture to cookie cups.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with lime wedge and lime zest.
If you liked this recipe make sure you check out some of these: