We recently took a trip to Disney World as a family. Disney really knows how to make delicious desserts/treats. The flavors, presentation and taste of these desserts is worth the splurge. We love trying new things especially when it involves a little sugar to keep us going.
I had my kids and husband write down their favorite desserts after we arrived home and this is the list they come up with. Every time we go to Disney we love to try all of the new food. This time did not disappoint. You will find classic desserts in this post along with a few new ones we found.
Desserts/Treats at Disney World
- Pineapple Dole Whip: This is always my favorite along with my families. Every time we go to Disney I can’t wait to get it. The mix of the fresh pineapple and the ice cream is delicious.
- Rice Krispy Treats: Disney has themed Rice Krispy treats located in almost every gift shop. Each gift shop has their own unique treat. My kids loved the Star Wars themed one but they all tasted equally good.
- Mickey Ice Cream Bar: This one is a classic but so good. This bar can be found at any of the free standing ice cream vendors. May kids enjoyed these at least once a day.
- Mickey Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich: These Mickey cookie sandwiches are delicious. May little boy said this was his favorite dessert on the whole trip.
- Mickey Shaped Cake Pops: I think my favorite dessert destination is the tent like building located in Big Top Souvenirs near the back of Fantasyland. The chocolate on these cake pops was perfection. We gobbled this up right away.
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Chunk Cooke: Located in Big Top Souvenirs this cookie was worth the $5 it cost. The chocolate chunks were huge and the cookie was bursting with peanut butter taste.
- Chocolate Cupcakes: Located at Big Top Treats in the Big Top Souvenirs tent. My daughter said this was the best cupcake she’s had in a while. There were lots of different options of cupcakes and I’m sure they were equally delicious.
- Caramel Apples: Located at Big Top Treats in the Big Top Souvenir tent. These apples may be a little expensive but they are divine. You can find these apples around the different parks but our favorite location is Big Top Treats. You can watch them while they are making and decorating the apples. My kids were amazed with their skill at decorating.
- Churros: Who doesn’t love a good churro. These are a great quick treat to tied you over until dinner. Disney also offers chocolate dipping sauce for the churros as well. During Halloween the churros are pumpkin flavored.
- Popcorn: I know this is not a dessert but it is one of our favorite treats at Disney. It is very affordable and a great treat to eat while waiting in lines.
- Beignets- These delicious treat used to only be available at Disney Land but Disney World now has them. They are not located in the theme parks but you can find them at Disney World’s Port Orleans Resort. Do not miss the opportunity to try these. They are AMAZING.
- Mickey Pretzel- There’s nothing like a good pretzel to keep your blood sugar up and energy going. We love these pretzels for a quick snack and make sure you get the cheese dip.
Well there you have it, these are my families favorite desserts at Disney World. There are a lot more desserts to try but these are my kids favorites. If you have any more suggestions please comment below.