I always love a good sandwich and this pita does not disappoint. Ranch Chicken Pitas are filled with DELICIOUS and TENDER ranch chicken. This recipe is sure to please even the pickiest eaters in the family. You will love how easy these chicken pitas are to make. Enjoy a quick EASY meal for a busy night.
EASY Ranch Chicken Pitas
Anything that is ranch flavored is a win in my book. Warning…. this pita is going to be very addicting. If I make up a big batch of Ranch Chicken Bites, you better believe I will be having this sandwich everyday until the chicken is gone.
One thing I really love about this recipe is my homemade ranch seasoning used on the chicken, then top it off with my homemade ranch dressing. Every bite is full of the crispness of the vegetables and the rich flavor of ranch.
These pitas are great for a quick and delicious lunch or pair it with a few sides for wholesome dinner for the family. Anyway you have it you will be wanting seconds once you finish your last bite!
What to Serve with Ranch Chicken Pitas
This is one of my favorite meals to make when the weather is warmer because it requires no cooking if you have leftover ranch chicken. So I try and pair it with a little healthier sides to make for a light summer meal.
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Vegetables
- Side Salad
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Sweet Potatoes
If you have any favorite sides you have made this with, please comment below I love to hear from my readers.
Tips for Making EASY Ranch Chicken Pitas
You will love how quick and easy these pitas are to make. I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
For the Chicken:
- Cut the chicken into 1-2″ chunks. Place the chicken in a container or ziplock bag along with oil, and ranch seasoning. Toss to coat.
- I prefer to use my homemade ranch seasoning but another favorite is Hidden Valley.
- In a skillet, heat oil, and add the chicken. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes before turning, and continue to cook an additional 2-4 minutes until cooked through.
For the Pitas:
- Cut the pita rounds in half and gently open to prepare to fill.
- Toast if desired.
- Spread ranch dressing in each pita. Fill the pita with chicken, greens, cheese, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- You can change up the ingredients for inside the pita to whatever you desire. I switch mine up according to what is in my refrigerator that week.
FAQ’s for Ranch Chicken Pitas
Is Pita Bread Healthy?
Pita bread is a good alternative to bread. It is lighter and has less calories. If you would like to make this recipe lower carb, cut out the pita and wrap everything in lettuce.
If I don’t have chicken on hand, what is another meat I can use?
You can use any meat you like in these delicious pitas. A few of my favorite alternatives would be deli ham, turkey, or roast beef.
How do you store Ranch Chicken Pitas?
You can store all the ingredients in air tight containers in there refrigerator for up to 3 days. I would store everything separately and assemble the pitas when you are ready to eat them.
These are a great meal prep meal. Just cut up everything separately, store in containers. When you are ready to eat it takes less than a minute to assemble together.
I really hope that you enjoy this Ranch Chicken Pitas as much as we did! If you get a chance to try it, I would love to hear! Drop me a comment below with your thoughts and let me know what you made it for. Or if you share a picture on social media, make sure and tag me @easyfamilyrecipes. Nothing makes me happier than knowing others are enjoying the recipes I create.
Oh and before you go… If you are like me and need a regular dose of inspiration when it comes to cooking and planning what’s for dinner, I would love it if you joined me in my Hungry Email Club! It is free to sign up and I send out emails with what I am cooking up currently and other popular recipes that I have on my to make list. To sign up just click here, or on the button below. Happy Eating!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Ranch Chicken Pitas
For the Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning dry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Pitas
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1-2 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- thinly sliced onions
- crumbled bacon
- sliced avocado
To prepare chicken:
- Cut the chicken breast into 1-2" chunks. Put them in a container with 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp ranch seasoning. Stir to coat with seasoning.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and spread into a single flat layer. Let cook 4-5 minutes without stirring or moving the chicken. Then flip the pieces over and cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp).
To assemble pitas:
- Cut the pita rounds in half and gently work them open so that you can fill them. Toast if desired.
- Spread ranch dressing inside each one, then layer in the chicken, greens, tomato, cucumber and cheese. Add any additional toppings if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)