Bear Lake is a beautiful lake nestled next to the Utah/Idaho border. There are so many fun hidden treasures to explore with your family. This post contains the BEST Activities that are Kid Friendly and full of fun in Bear Lake Utah. Whether you are staying in a cabin, camping or renting a condo these activities are perfect for any family.
Kid Friendly Bear Lake Activities
The best time to visit this beautiful lake is in the summer. Because the elevation is so high the winter months are too cold and full of snow. There is wildlife, beautiful views, water activities with rentals and lots of good food.
Every time we visit my kids like to unwind and explore this beautiful town. We leave with happy memories and full bellies. I think that’s the best kind of vacation you can have if you ask me.
- Raspberry Days– One of the most celebrated weekends in Bear Lake is Raspberry Days. This occurs during the first weekend in August each year. There is so much for kids and families to do. A few activities are parade, kids carnival games, family friendly concerts, a rodeo, and so much more. This time of year is busy, but so worth all of the fun. Make sure you check out the website to ensure you schedule the correct weekend for Raspberry Days.
- Minnetonka Cave– This fascinating cave is located just outside of Utah, inside Idaho in St. Charles canyon. As you venture your way through the cave you will see stalactites, stalagmites, and walls draped in travertine. This cave is open mid-June to Labor Day. Make sure you bring coats for you and your kids because the cave is a chilly 40 degrees year round. My kids still talk about exploring this cave today, it was a highlight of our last trip to Bear Lake.
- Beach Fun– My kids love splashing in the lake and building sand castles. We love visiting beaches wherever we go. The beaches that surround the lake are perfect for swimming and playing in the sand. The 3 favorite beaches we go to are North Beach State Park located on the Idaho side of Bear Lake, Rendezvous Beach and Bear Lake State Park. Make sure you wear lots of sunscreen at the beach, because of the high altitude you are more likely to get burned.
- Watercraft Rentals– One of our favorite things to do on the lake is rent jet skis or wave runners. Boats are also available to rent if you have your boat drivers license. This is a fun way to get on the water and experience Bear Lake from another perspective. The water is a bit chillier than most lakes but it is still refreshing and fun. There is also an option to rent a paddle board or kayaks if you prefer a little more low key experience.
- ATV Trails– If you like to explore the mountains but don’t want to hike, ATVs are a great way. There are a large number of trails to follow…. whether you are looking for an all day experience or just a few hours. You will find rentals located in Bear Lake to rent ATVs.
- Hiking and Mountain Biking– You will find some beautiful trails to hike along in Bear Lake. These trails offer stunning views of the lake. Temperatures tend to be mild so hiking is one of our favorite past times. If you hike closer to fall, you will experience some of the most beautiful fall leaves nature has to offer.
- Food and Drinks– One thing Bear Lake is not missing is great food. There are some of the most delicious restaurants located in this small town. Whether you are looking for fine dining, fast food or snacks… you will not be disappointed. Make sure before you leave that you get yourself a famous raspberry shake.
- Pickleville Playhouse– If you are looking for a fun play for the whole family to enjoy this is the place. The playhouse performs two musicals a day from June until September. My kids were entertained the whole time and said it was one of the best shows they have ever seen. They offer popcorn, drinks, snack and delicious homemade cookies for purchase.
I hope this helps you plan your next trip and that it takes you to Bear Lake in Utah and Idaho. Half of Bear Lake is located in Utah and the other half is in Idaho.
If you have any additional ideas on things to do in Bear Lake with families please comment below, I love to hear from my readers.