Valentine’s Day parties are quickly approaching. Sometimes coming up with games and crafts can be a bit challenging when all you want to do is hide inside during the cold winter months. I’ve compiled a list of quick and easy crafts and games for the classroom.
I find if you do a craft along with 2-3 games you will usually fill the amount of time the teachers give you. Some schools allow treats and some don’t so it depends where you live if you can add a treat or two. I always try to do fruit and veggies and then a small cookie or cupcake. I know my kids love when we do sugar cookies and let the kids decorate them the way they like ……. with sprinkles, candy hearts, red hots, M & M’s and whatever else you can find.
Valentines Crafts and Games
- Magic Color Scratch Hearts– My kids love scratch art. I found these cute hearts on Amazon. This is a great time activity to pass the time while your passing out games or treats.
- Valentine Monster Ornament Craft Kit– These cute little monsters are going to be a hit in the classroom. I would save these for the older classes because the parts are small and a little more intricate.
- Conversation Heart Picture Frame– I feel like this craft would be a fun gift for them to make for their Mom or Grandma.
- Be Mine Cupcake Valentine Magnet Craft– How cut are these little cupcakes the kids can stick on their fridge when they get home.
- Valentine’s Day Ladybug Clothespin Craft– These cute little bugs can be clipped anywhere after they are made. All you need to have on hand is Elmers glue.
- This is not really a craft but it’s always fun to have a “selfie” station set up with fun props to take their pictures with. Find your cute props here.
Another tip I have when looking for crafts is searching sales at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Usually in late January early February most places put their Valentine themed crafts and decor up for sale. This is a great time to snag a good deal.
- Valentine’s Day BINGO– I always add BINGO to my school party posts because the kids love this game. For the Valentines BINGO version you could buy a few bag of conversation hearts and they could use them as the place holders.
- Valentine Pictionary- Materials needed are: markers or chalk for the board, printed word strips for each class member. Pictionary is always a fun game with lots of laughing. Add a fun flare and use all Valentine themed words.
- Mitten Race- This game is super fun and the kids love playing it. Pass out a starburst or Hershey kisses. Divide the class into 2 different lines. The first person in the line must unwrap his/her candy using the gloves, once they have done that the mittens are passed back and the next person in line goes. The fist line to unwrap their candy wins.
- Pin the Arrow on Cupid- Materials you need are a big piece poster board in a fun Valentine color. Print off a picture of cupid or drawn one and place it on the poster board. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my cupid, letters, and arrows. Cut out small arrows for each student. Make sure you bring a blindfold when in the classroom. See who can get the arrow closest to the spot where the cupids arrow should be placed.
I hope you have a great party!! My kids love Valentine’s Day especially when they get to go through their Valentines. I also love all the fun crafts that are available to do around this holiday. And not to mention all the chocolate I get to eat.
I’d love to hear from you so if you have any fun games or crafts to share comment below.
Leave a Comment