This cake is divine. If you eat this cake before you go to bed at night I promise you will have sweet chocolately dreams. I first had this chocolate, chocolate chip cake at a MOPs meeting. My friend made it for the meeting, there was some left over and she made me take it home. I went home and had another slice. Yes, I had 2 generous sized slices within about 40 minutes. This is why I am such a happy person! I just eat, eat, eat! Who wouldn’t be happy after eating 2 slices of chocolate cake? My husband demanded that I get the recipe so that he could have more in the house ASAP. That’s what I did. Then I made the cake two days later for my best friend who had just given birth to a beautiful baby girl named Brooklyn. Her family loved the cake so much that they ate it for breakfast the next morning. Then….a few weeks later the mama I just mentioned above made the cake, I
rudely told her politely asked her to take pictures for TPM and here I am posting. Doesn’t hearing all that make you want to go out and get all the ingredients?
Here’s the scoop on how to get it done. It’s super easy! And the finished product is so impressive!
As The Pioneer Woman would say – here are the cast of characters:
Mix your first 6 ingredients on low. Then mix on medium for 2 minutes. When you are done fold in your chocolate chips. Pour into your greased bundt pan, muffin pan, 9×13 pan or two 8×8 pans. Bake at the suggested temperature on the cake mix box. Cupcake bake time – 18-20 minutes. Bundt bake time – 45-50 minutes
Once the cake is done, let it cool for about 20 minutes before removing from the bundt cake pan. Prepare the frosting while the cake is cooling (instructions are in the recipe below). Put the frosting into a ziplock, cut the tip and pipe onto your bundt cake.
Copycat Nothing Bundt Cakes’ Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 Chocolate Cake Mix (Devils Food or Dark)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Small Instant Chocolate Pudding Pack
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Bag Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Powdered Sugar to right consistency. About 3 cups or less.
- Mix first six ingredients on low until combined.
- Mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease bundt pan, 9x13 or 8x8 inch pans, or muffin pans.
- Bake at temperature on the cake box. Let cool for 20 minutes, then remove from bundt pan and frost.
- Bundt or regular pans: 45-50 minutes, Cupcakes: 18-20 minutes
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Stir in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups and then keep adding more until it is a nice thick consistency).