These Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies are the perfect combination of chocolate and cream cheese. They are CHEWY, SWEET, and full of flavor. If these bars are around our house, they don’t last long! I love these bars because they are easy to make and bake up in one dish.
Chewy Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
This recipe is one of those recipes I have been meaning to try. I love cream cheese and brownies. So pairing the two together seemed like the perfect match, and it was.
Every time I order a dessert of some sort, if there is cream cheese or chocolate its a win. The flavors in this recipe are not overwhelming, just light and chewy.
If you are a brownie lover like me, check out more of my brownie desserts.
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Crusted Brownies
- Peppermint Crusted Brownies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Bars
Tips and Tricks to Making Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
This recipe is super quick and easy to make. I will walk you I am going to run through an overview here and add some notes that might be helpful for you while making the dish. Make sure to get the FULL recipe at the bottom.
- Prepare brownie mixture as per directions on box, Grease a 9×13 inch pan, and spread mixture.
- I recommend using Ghirardelli brand. If you use this brand you will need two boxes to fill a 9×13 inch pan.
- You can also use your favorite homemade brownie recipe.
- Add softened cream cheese to a ziplock bag. Cut off the cornerof the bag and squeeze straight lines down the length of the pan.
- Bake brownies for 5 minutes at the temperature as directed on the box. Remove from oven and use a knife to run through the cream cheese in lines perpendicular to the cream cheese lines. Switch directions you run your knife through each time to create a swirl effect.
- Return to oven and finish baking, serve when completely cooled. Enjoy!
FAQ’s for Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
What pan is best to use for Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies?
The recipe for these bars calls for a 9″x13″ pan. You can use glass or metal. If you prefer you could also use 2 8″ round cake pans, or 1 12″ cake pan. The cooking time may vary if you change the pan you use so keep an eye on it.
What brand of boxed brownies is best to use?
You can make any boxed brownie taste like homemade with a few changes. My favorite brand is Ghirardelli.
I really hope you enjoy Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies recipe as much as we do and you can both enjoy them and make memories with your kiddos. If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
- 1 Brownie Mix Prepared, 9×13 sized pan
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Prepare the brownie mix per package directions. Grease 9×13 pan and spread in the pan.
- Add softened cream cheese to a zip top bag. Clip the corner off and squeeze the cream cheese out of the bag into straight lines down the length of the pan.
- Bake brownies (at temperature on package) for 5 minutes. Then remove the pan and use a knife to run through the cream cheese in lines perpendicular to the direction of the cream cheese lines. Switch directions you run the knife through each time to create the swirl effect.
- Return to oven and finish baking per package directions.
- Let cool, then slice and serve. Enjoy!
- My favorite brand of boxed brownie mix in Ghirardelli. You will need to use 2 boxes.
- You can use your favorite homemade brownies as well.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)