This delicious Crockpot Greek Chicken is full of flavor and great to eat alone or to add to some of your favorite greek dishes like chicken pitas, greek salad, gyros, or whatever you desire!
This delicious chicken has only a few ingredients and is super quick and easy to make, because everything goes into your crockpot. As a bonus, this recipe is not only delicious, but also gluten free and perfect for low carb diets!
Crockpot Greek Chicken Recipe
I didn’t appreciate greek food until I was almost done with high school. I want to a greek fair with friends and I never have turned back since. I love greek food.
This Greek Chicken recipe is awesome because not only does it give you the great greek flavors, but it is made with only 4 main ingredients and using a slow cooker, so even if you are short on time you can whip a batch of this chicken up and have it cooking away in the slow cooker in no time.
How to Serve Crockpot Greek Chicken Breasts
I love everything about greek food, it really is so delicious. The great thing about this recipe is there are so many varieties you can make with this meat mixture. You can have it served simply as the main dish, or use it to make your favorite greek dish.
Here are a few ideas on how to serve it as a main dish:
- Over rice or Quinoa
- With pita bread, toasted with butter is my favorite
- With garlic smashed potatoes
- Baked sweet potato or regular potato
Low carb serving ideas:
- Over sautéed spinach
- Over cauliflower rice
- With a greek salad
- Roasted veggies like garlic green beans or asparagus
If you have a favorite serving idea that I missed, please leave me a note in the comments so I can give it a try too!
How to Make Crockpot Greek Chicken
This recipe is super great for a quick and easy dinner. The flavor combination is one that even your pickiest eater is going to love.
After you have placed your chicken breast in the crockpot, top with greek seasoning and lemon juice.
Once the chicken is done cooking, simply shred the chicken and in the cream cheese.
I like to shred the chicken, then add the cream cheese into the slow cooker and allow it to sit on the hot chicken for about 5 minutes. Then it is super soft and creamy, and stirs into the meat very easily.
Can I cook this chicken longer than 2.5 hours on low?
Chicken tastes best in the crock pot when cooked for around 2-3 hours on high or 3-4 hours on low. You can continue to cook the chicken without burning it, however the texture will be altered and in my opinion, it is not nearly as good as if you can prepare it for the suggested time.
Can I use this recipe for meal prep?
Yes! This is one of my favorite recipes for meal prep because it is loaded with flavor. You can pair it with fresh vegetables, rice, quinoa, potatoes, or pita bread… and you have a delicious meal.
Is this Greek Chicken Gluten Free?
Use my recipe for homemade greek seasoning to ensure the seasoning is gluten free. The other ingredients should be naturally gluten free.
Can I double or triple this recipe?
Yes you absolutely can! You may need to increase the cooking time depending on how full your crock pot is.
What to do with Greek Chicken Leftovers
This delicious creamy greek chicken is so good you may not have leftovers. But if you do here is a few ideas of how to store it and what to use it on.
How to store Greek Chicken leftovers
You can store Greek Chicken leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. You can store them up to 4-5 days.
How to freeze Greek Chicken
- To freeze before cooking place the chicken breast, lemon juice and seasoning in a freezer bag and freeze leaving the cream cheese separate.
- To freeze after cooking, place the finished chicken in air tight containers in meal sized portions and freeze for up to 1 month.
Leftover recipe ideas for Greek Chicken
- Greek Chicken Pitas– pile it inside pita bread with lettuce, tomato, onion and tzatziki. Here is my amazing homemade tzatziki recipe.
- Greek Chicken salad– Put the chicken on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, peperonchinis, feta cheese, kalamata olives, etc. You can even use this loaded greek salad recipe.
- Greek Chicken wraps– Use flatbread and layer hummus, tzatziki, greek chicken, lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers, cucumbers and feta, then roll it up and eat! My personal favorite.
- Greek Chicken grain bowl– Use your favorite toppings, along with this greek chicken and a scoop of tzatziki to make a killer dinner bowl.
- Greek Chicken quesadillas– Layer this greek chicken with a little feta and fresh spinach between two tortillas and grill it up! You could dip it in tzatziki sauce for an extra burst of flavor.
- Greek Chicken gyros– Make a traditional gyro with pita bread and all the fixings!
My mouth is watering as I write this post. I really love this recipe. It is definitely one of my families favorites.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram.
Crockpot Greek Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 1 tbsp greek seasoning see notes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- Pour the lemon juice in the slow cooker. Lay the chicken breast flat in the bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle the seasoning over the top of the chicken and cover.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp.)
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken, then mix in the cream cheese until combined.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve on spinach, or in any of your favorite Greek dishes. Enjoy!
- Greek seasoning- You can use homemade Greek seasoning (I usually use this homemade Greek Seasoning recipe,) or store bought (I like Cavenders.) I usually use homemade, but either give a great result. If you are gluten free or low carb, you will want to use the homemade version.
- Leftovers can be stored:
- In the refrigerator for 4-5 days
- In the freezer for up to a month
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)