As the weather turns a little cooler I find myself wanting to stay inside and cuddle up on the couch. At the end of a busy week, movie night is just what we all need. Here you will find a list of fall/Thanksgiving movies to enjoy. These movies are great for the whole family.
I love Fall and everything that comes with it. These movies take place in the fall or teach us about Thanksgiving. We love watching seasonal movies as a family and I hope you enjoy them as well.
Fall Movies for Families
Movies that are NR
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving– The Thanksgiving feast for Charlie Brown and his friends is different than the ordinary thanksgiving food. This film is animated and NR.
- Garfields Thanksgiving– Garfields owner feels he needs to be put on a diet. Garfield loves food and is worried he will starve on his favorite holiday. This film is animated and NR.
- Care Bears Give Thanks– The Care Bears are always traveling to give help to others. They learn it doesn’t matter how far away they are their best friends and love are found near their own home. This film is animated and NR.
- Dora the Explorer: Dora’s Thanksgiving Parade– The Pirate Piggies have mistakingly floated away in Dora’s Thanksgiving float. Will she save it in time for the upcoming parade? This film is animated and NR.
- An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving– A mom finds herself widowed and struggling to make money from the farm. The money is so scarce this year they can’t even afford a turkey for Thanksgiving. This film is NR.
- Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving– Pooh and his friends are always learning lessons. This cute series takes us through learning what the true meaning of giving is. This film is animated and NR.
- Alvin and The Chipmunks: Alvins Thanksgiving Celebration– Alvin and his friends celebrated thanksgiving by learning about history. This film is animated and NR.
Movies that are Rated G
- Pocahontas– Two completely different people fall in love. No one approves but will love prevail? This film is animated and Rated G.
- Bambi– Bambi and all his fiends explore the woods and all the beautiful hidden treasures. They will experience a few heartache and trials on their journey but they remain true friends. This film is animated and Rated G.
- A Winnie the Pooh Thanksgiving– Winnie the Pooh wants to have the perfect Thanksgiving but will he pull it off without any problems. Join Pooh and his fiends on this adventure. This film is animated and Rated G.
Movies that are Rated PG
- Remember the Titans– In order to improve black and white segregation T.C. White High School hires their first African American coach. Follow this team on their journey to become respected and loved. This film is rated PG.
- Free Birds– Two turkeys from different towns team up to change the menu of Thanksgiving to not include turkey. This film is animated and rated PG.
- Miracle on 34th Street– Macy’s hired a new Santa Claus but little do they know he is the real Santa Clause. A special little girl figures it out and believes in Santa Claus again. This film is rated PG.
- You’ve Got Mail– Two people become emailing pen pals. Little do they know they both own rival bookstores. This film is rated PG.
Movies that are Rated PG-13
- The Blindside– Michael has grown up on the wrong side of the tracks but he is taken in by a wealthy family and given a chance to make things right. This is an inspiring story of trust, faithfulness, and good ole’ football. This film is rated PG-13.
- Addams Family Values– This movie is entertaining and fun for the whole family to watch. What happens when Fester and the kids get sent to summer camp? This movie is rated PG-13
I hope you find something on this list the whole family can enjoy. I look forward to movie night every week. It’s a great time to slow down and enjoy just being together as a family. If you have any suggestions to add to movie night, please comment below.