Two year olds are a fun age, they begin to become a little more independent. They start to become more picky for what they want. I have searched high and low and found the perfect list of the BEST Toys for 2 Year Old Boys. These tried and true gifts are from one mom to another.
The BEST Toys for 2 Year Old Boys
This list contains some of my favorites as well as my girlfriends must have toys for their little ones. I find it extra hard to buy toys for my little ones when they are not as vocal and tell you exactly what they want. When they are older they never stop telling you what they want.
I always try to keep in mind toys that can grow with my kids. I also try and find toys that will challenge them so it can keep their attention a little longer.
BEST Pretend Play
Pretend play toys are some of my favorite toys to buy. I love watching their little minds at work.
One of my little guys favorite pretend play toys is his workbench. He feels like he is working just like daddy when he plays with it.
- TOP BRIGHT Toddlers Tool Set
- VTech Drill & Learn Toolbox
- Construction Toy Workbench
- VTech KidiBeats Kids Drum Set
- Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Servin’ Up Fun Food Truck
- Kids Cleaning Set
- 18 Piece Kids Play Tent, Pop Up Tent with Kids Camping Gear Set
Fun Animal Toys
One of the best things about play animals is how much they grow with your kids. My kids are older and still use some of their animal play sets. These toys stay with them for a long amounts of time.
- Lil’ Gen Dinosaur Toys
- TOP BRIGHT Toddler Fishing Game
- Rubber Bouncy Horse for Toddlers
- Sea Animals
- Farm Animals
- First STEM Lab Dinosaur Take Apart Toys
- Wild Jungle Animals
BEST Trucks & Cars
My little guy loved everything that moved at that age, actually he still loves everything to do with cars, trucks, and airplanes. The love for cars and trucks starts at a young age and sticks with them for a long time…acctually I don’t think it ever leaves.
My little guy loves playing with his friction cars because they go on their own after you pull them back. He also loves putting his cars in garages before he goes to bed.
- Cartoon R/C Race Car
- Friction Powered Cars
- Truck Transport
- Wooden Car Carrier Truck and Ramp
- Gizmovine Fire Truck Toy Friction Power
- Play Vehicles 5 Cars and Stack-able Garages
- VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Save the Day Police Station
Building Set Ideas
I love buying building sets for my kids. One of my favorite brand of sets to buy is LEGO’s. We love LEGO’s at our house. LEGO’s last a long time and can grow old along with your kids.
Building Sets are a great idea to start little minds off early using the creative part of their brain.
- LEGO DUPLO Town Truck & Tracked Excavator
- 101 Piece STEM Toy Kit
- Magnetic Blocks
- LEGO DUPLO Big Construction Site
- LEGO DUPLO Town Airport
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set
- Cubbie Lee Premium Wooden Building Blocks Set
- LEGO DUPLO Town Fire Station
BEST Electronics and Educational Toys
I know two feels like a young age to start electronics but their are so many different educational games you can put on them. Once your child goes to school most of the time they will be using an iPad or computer to work on.
I also love to buy educational toys for my kids. They don’t even realize they are learning while they are playing.
- Aquadoodle Drawing Mat
- VTech Little Apps Tablet
- Educational Preschool Shape Color Recognition Geometric Board
- Learning Resources Puzzle Globe
- Ipad Mini
- Top Bright Wooden Shape Sorter
- VTech Touch & Teach Word Book
- Shumee Box of Creativity for Toddlers
Outdoor Play Ideas
Two year olds are so fun to watch as they play outside. One of my little ones favorite thing to do when he was two years old was swing and go down slides. Sometimes park slides are too big for him, so this slide is just perfect two year olds.
My little guys favorite toy is his balance bike. Balance bikes are good to teach your kids to eventually ride their bike without ever using training wheels.
- Fisher Price Harley Davidson Tough Trike
- Little Tykes T-ball Set
- John Deere Sandbox Vehicle
- Splash Play Mat
- Water Table
- Scooter and Ride on Balance Bike
- Wiggly Ride on Car
I love making these list because sharing our favorite toys is one of my passions.
I hope I have provided you will enough ideas to get started on your shopping. If there is anything that your kiddo loves at this age that I missed, please leave me a note in the comments below. I would love to hear about it.