I really have a sweet tooth and when it comes to NYC….. the desserts and options are endless. When you search desserts in NYC your choices can be a bit over whelming. I’ve complied a list for you of the best desserts places in NYC.
Dessert is something my kids look forward to on vacation. I think they are a lot like me in that love trying new and fun places. Their favorites are usually ice cream places but they will try most anything. We have been to NYC several times in the last year since we live so close… so we have checked off all the places on our list to try. These are our favorites.
My Favorite Dessert Places in NYC
- Serendipity 3– My kids devoted the frozen hot chocolate in a few minutes flat. We love eating here. The desserts are large and delicious. The best part about this place is the desserts are so big you can share with everyone.
- DŌ, Cookie Dough Confections– I will say this place is delicious but very rich. It’s every kids dream to just eat cookie dough. This place was nestled in a fun college town. My kids were in heaven picking out their “DŌ” to eat. Who needs real food when you have cookie dough to eat…. right.
- Magnolia Bakery– This yummy bakery is a must while visiting NYC. Do not pass up the banana pudding. I was loving every bite. My husband does not even like bananas and he said it was one of his favorite desserts he had that day. My little girl ordered their chocolate cupcake and said it was one of the best she’s ever had.
- Baked by Melissa– Bite sized cupcakes that can satisfy any sweet treat craving. They have frequent changing of flavors to keep their customers wanting more.
- Bouchon Bakery– Located next to Rockefeller Center…. if you love Macaroons than this is your place. They are twice the size of normal macaroons and well worth your money. There is also a great selection of delicious baked goods.
- Carlos Bakery– My kids put this place down on their NYC wish list after watching Cake Boss. They have a wide variety of baked goods. My favorite was the chocolate hazelnut lobster tail.
- Levain Bakery– For all those cookie lovers, this place is delicious. The cookies are large enough to share. They are full of chocolate chips that melt in your mouth or your hand as you pull it apart.
- Doughnuttery– Made to order fresh doughnuts where you can pick your own toppings. You can eat just one or buy the whole dozen.
- Black Tap– Are you looking for the shake of a lifetime?? This place features the most amazing shakes. They are huge and full of flavor. It would probably be a good idea to share because these are huge.
- Dylan’s Candy Shop– Most kids love candy and this is a super fun place to bring them to. This place features any candy you’ve ever dreamed of trying.
- Ladurée– Known for their Macaroons this place does not disappoint. Just be prepared to spend a little money. These macaroons are not cheap.
- Dominique Ansel– Home of the cronut. If you never tried this mix of croissant/donut add this to your bucket list NYC trip.
I do love dessert and sometimes I love it more than real food. Truthfully I don’t indulge on dessert until I’m on vacation or date night. That way it’s extra special and it makes me feel better… at least that’s what I tell myself.
I know there are so many amazing places to eat dessert in NYC this is just my list of favorite places to eat. I usually do a lot of research before I go on vacation about the best places to eat. These are my ultimate favorite places I would recommend for families to indulge in. My kids found something they love at all of these restaurants…. but I must say there ultimate favorite place was Serendipity. This was their most memorable. It might have been the whole experience or just the fact that they had a huge frozen hot chocolate to drink from.
I’d love to hear your favorite dessert places in NYC so please comment below and I will add new recommendations to my post and my bucket list.