When you need to get a wholesome dinner on the table quickly there is no better way than by grabbing a rotisserie chicken. Rotisserie chicken is delicious as is, or you can pull the chicken and use it to make so many different kinds of meals to eat throughout the week, or you can freeze leftover rotisserie chicken meat to use throughout the rest of the month. These Rotisserie Chicken recipes are quick, easy, and most important, absolutely delicious!
Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
I am a huge fan of rotisserie chicken. It is a great way to feed the entire family and one of the only things that my kids can unanimously agree that they all will eat. We love to grab a chicken or two and pull the meat then eat the chicken with a couple of sides the first day, and give the leftovers a makeover to keep using the chicken to make dinner prep quick and easy throughout the week.
There are all sorts of recipes that you can make with rotisserie chicken from tacos, to topping fettuccine alfredo or other pasta dishes, to baked sub sandwiches. The options for rotisserie chicken recipes are really endless!
If you love easy chicken dinners, make sure to check out my huge list of the best baked chicken recipes and our favorite healthy chicken recipes also. You won’t believe how quickly they are prepped and in the oven and how much delicious flavor they have!
Where to get a Rotisserie Chicken
Rotisserie chickens are easy to make if you have the set up on your grill or oven. Here are a few tried and true recipes if you want to make your own:
- How to Cook a Rotisserie Chicken on the Grill– This is a great tutorial on how to make a classic style rotisserie chicken on the grill with step by step instructions.
- Oven Baked Rotisserie Style Chicken– What I love about this recipe is that it walks you through how to make a tender rotisserie style chicken in the oven, and even gives you the method to make 2 chickens at once in case you need to feed a crowd.
- How to Cook a Rotisserie Chicken on the Grill– If you don’t have a rotisserie in your home, you can make a rotisserie style chicken using your slow cooker and get the same tender, fall of the bone style meat.
Stores that sell rotisserie chicken
If you need dinner in a hurry though, you might want to just pick one up at the store. The great thing is that most stores have them hot and ready in the deli section these days. These are my favorite places that I know are a go to for grabbing a rotisserie chicken fast:
- Wholesale stores– Both Costco and Sams sell Rotisserie Chicken and I find them to be some of the biggest and heartiest. This is always my go to when I can am in the area and can swing by.
- Grocery stores– almost all grocery stores will have rotisserie chickens in their deli department. Some may even offer a variety of flavors or organic versions.
- Walmart– Walmart may be crazy but the great thing about them is you can usually find one near by no matter where you are at, so if you are in a pinch and need dinner fast, you can grab a rotisserie chicken from the deli section at your local full walmart. Walmarts that do not have a full grocery section will not have them.
What Goes Well with Rotisserie Chicken?
Rotesserie Chicken is great served hot and fresh and with the flavors being so neutral you can serve it with almost anything as a side. A few of our most favorite sides to serve with rotisserie chicken are:
- Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- Favorite Broccoli Slaw
- Corn Casserole
- Sauteed Green Beans
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Green side salad
The BEST Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
Now that we know how to make them, or even better, where to pick one up quick, let’s talk about what all we can make with this tender, flavorful, wholesome and delicious rotisserie chicken meat.
Once you have the chicken, simply pull the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones, then you can use the meat in any recipe that calls for shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken meat. You will love how the rotisserie chicken adds so much flavor to even the simplest dishes!
Here are some of our favorite and go-to Rotisserie Chicken Recipes:
Mexican Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Rotisserie Chicken Baked Tostadas
- Baked Chicken Nachos
- Green Chile Chicken Taquitos
- Guacamole Chicken Salad
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- Salsa Verde Enchiladas with Rotisserie Chicken
- Barbecue Chicken Nachos
Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich Recipes
- Hawaiian Rotisserie Chicken Sandwich
- Baked Chicken Caprese Subs
- Rotisserie Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Shredded Chicken Sliders
- Sun Dried Tomato Wraps– These call for turkey but are also SO good with rotisserie chicken!
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipes
- Loaded Chicken Salad
- Loaded Greek Chicken Salad
- Caprese Chicken Salad
- Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
- Ranch Chicken Salad
- Fajita Chicken Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad
- Greek Chicken Salad
Rotisserie Chicken Pasta Recipes
- Asian Chicken Pasta
- Greek Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Summer Chicken Pasta
- Alfredo Sauce– Put this sauce on a bed of pasta with rotisserie chicken on top.
Rotisserie Chicken Soup Recipes
- World’s Best Chicken Noodle Soup
- Lemon Chicken Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Chicken Corn Chowder
Rotisserie Chicken Casserole Recipes
Other Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
I hope you found some great recipe inspiration to fill out your weekly menu on this list! If you have a favorite recipe that I missed that you make with rotisserie chicken, leave me a comment below and let me know so I can give it a try. Or if you get a chance to try something from this list, I would love to hear what you thought!
You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipes so that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!… If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Leave a Comment