Do you find it hard to find the perfect gift for you little 2 year old boy???? Well search no more…. find all of your gift needs or wants right here in this Ultimate Gift List. These tried and true gifts are from one Mom to another.
As the Holidays approach I hope you find this list extra helpful in your shopping. This list contains some of my favorites as well as my girlfriends must have toys for their little ones. I find it extra hard to buy gifts for my little ones when they are not as vocal and tell you exactly what they want. When they are older they never stop telling you what they want.
Best Gift Ideas for a 2 year old Boy
My little guy’s favorite toy in this category was the workbench. He also really loved the shopping cart and would load it up and push it around our house.
- Anyshock Playhouses Indoor Car
- Mega Toy Brand Workbench
- V-Tech Kids Beats Drum Set
- Leap Frog Number Lovin’ Oven
- Shopping Cart by Little Tikes– This by far has been a favorite of all my kids. You will find this cart getting years and year of usage by all. Any playdate we have this is the first toy to be used.
- 5 Piece Kids Playhouse Jungle Gym
- Simplay3 Play Around Kitchen– My kids are getting older but I still find them using their play kitchen a few times a week. It really sparks their pretend side of their mind and they come up with all sorts of scenarios to play. I know this feels like an expensive gift but it will last a long time and get lots of use.
Every animal set in this group is still used today by my 5 and 7 year old. They have used them for years and years.
- Boley Educational Dinosaur Toys– My little guy loves taking these dinosaurs everywhere he goes. I find them stuffed in his backpack for school or his shirt pocket after church.
- Animals Figure Set, 54 pieces
- Ocean Sea Animals– These are great bath toys that don’t hold water and mold. My little guy loves to take this in the shower as well. They dry off quickly.
- Blue Horse Hopper– I find this a great inexpensive gift that everyone seems to love. My little guy had this at his preschool and it was the prized toy and super fun to ride. It’s a great gift below $20.
- Fisher Price Animal Rescue Set
- Farm Animal Action Figures
Trucks & Cars
CARS CARS CARS is on ever little boys mind. I love little boys and their love for anything on wheels. It seems to start at a very young age and it never leaves them. Some of our favorites in this section are the Loader Toy and the GAmzoo Tracks.
- Pullback Vehicles
- Cartoon R/C Race Car
- Boley Large Dump Truck
- Gamzoo Tracks Toy Set
- Take Apart Train, Truck, Helicopter, and Submarine– My little guy likes to take apart everything and figure out how to put it back together. This toy will keep them busy for a long while.
- Melissa & Doug Sorting Garages & Cars
- Paw Patrol Paw Patroller
- Mellissa & Doug Car Loader Toy
It’s a great idea to start little minds off early using their creative part of their brain. From a young age my little guy started his love for building and it has never stopped.
- Plan Toys Block Set– You will not find this a worthless buy. These blocks will last you a lifetime and your kids will never stop building with them.
- LEGO DUPLO My First Farm– My kids always ask for LEGO’s for any occasion. The best thing about them is they can create anything they want. This set is great with all the animals.
- LEGO DUPLO Town My First Train Set
- LEGO DUPLO All in One Box
- Melissa & Doug Extra Thick Cardboard Building Blocks
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Building Blocks Set
I know its young to start electronics but there are so many new and fun educational programs out for toddlers.
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet Cover
- Headphones– One of my kiddos favorite thing is to wear headphones like Mom and Dad, plus we don’t have to listen to the silly shows anymore.
- Aqua Doodle Mat– My kids love to draw on this. This is toy I was told not to give away because they love getting it out and creating their masterpieces. It is a non messy way to help them use their artistic side.
- Sprout Channel Cubby
- Touch and Teach Books by V-Tech
My little guy’s biggest obsession when he was 2 was going down slides. We loved these little playset with slides just the right size for toddlers.
- Balance Bike– You little guy is going to think he is a super hero when he gets this. After using it for a few months he is going to be a pro. The great thing about balance bikes is it eliminates the need for training wheels. Your child will usually transition form balance bike to big boy bike with no training wheels needed because they have already learned to balance. This is also a great BIG present … if grandparents are looking for a great gift.
- Fisher Price DC Super Friends Batman Trike
- Little Tikes Easy Score Basketball Set– The great thing about this gift is it can be a an inside or outside toy. When its cold outside just bring in the basketball hoop and enjoy some basketball fun inside.
- Little Tikes T-Ball Set
- Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark by Little Tikes
- Step2 Play Ball Fun Climber
- Step2 Naturally Playful Lookout Treehouse
- Little Tikes Deluxe Home and Garden Playhouse
Making these list always bring back so many memories. I love watching my kids play, grow and learn as they get older. I hope you find this Ultimate List helpful. If there is anything that your kiddo loves at this age that I missed, please leave me a note in the comments below. I would love to hear about it.