Do you find yourself stressing about finding a gift for your 8 year old boy? I have searched high and low, talked to mom’s, and created my own list of favorites for all of you. Once little boys grow up, finding gifts for them becomes a lot trickier. These gifts range from inexpensive to a bit pricier.
My goal was to find a wide range of gifts to fit all of your needs. Good luck on your shopping voyage.
Best Gift Ideas for an 8 Year Old Boy
LEGO’s/ Building Sets
My kids love Legos and they will put the together for hours. I love the way kids use their imagination while putting them together. The best part about them is when kids start to create their own creations. Lego’s can be a pain but the older your kids get the mess of legos seems to significantly less.
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Fire Mech
- LEGO City Police Station
- Azerlee Racing Car Toys Building Bricks
- Engino Discovering STEM Mechanics Gears
- LEGO Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets Hogwarts Whomping Willow
- LEGO Star Wars Y-Wing Starfighter
- LEGO Ninjago Movie Temple
- Mega Bloks Halo Covenant Drone Outbreak Building Set
- Engineering Toys, STEM Learning Kits, Educational Construction RC Racer
Finding books that keep boys occupied can be challenging. These are a few of our favorites. I have a big list of chapter books for school aged kids that can be found here. My boy has just discovered a love for reading and I feel like I’m constantly searching for good books.
- Hardy Boys Starter Set- Books 1-5
- Magic Tree House Box Set , Books 1-4
- Ballpark Mysteries: The dugout boxed set (books 1-4)
- 101 Great Science Experiments: A Step by Step Guide
- 5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!) (National Geographic Kids)
It seems around this age all boys want is the latest and greatest electronics. One of my favorite items on this list is the iPad mini. I download educational games for my boy to play and practice on. It is also the perfect size for traveling. It fits in a backpack well and it’s not too heavy.
- Mini RC Helicopter
- Echo Dot Kids Edition
- Threeking Smart Robot Toys
- Ipad Mini
- Fire HD Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Tablet
This list contains games boys will love, but these games will also challenge them. I love getting games for my kids that help them practice their strategizing skills. We love game night at our house and we are constantly searching for new ones. You can find my List of Board Games for Kids 7 and up here.
- Totally Gross: The Game of Science
- ThinkFun Gravity Maze Marble Run Logic Game
- Educational Insights Kanoodle
- Ideal Brain Benders
- Doinkit Darts- Magnetic Dart Board
Anything I can do to get my kids outside, is a good toy in my book. The bike is our most used item in this list. We bought our kids bikes that could grow with them. Riding bikes together with our family is one of our most favorite activities. It brings the whole family together and we are exercising too. It’s a good way to run off some energy after school.
As the weather gets cooler we find ourselves outside the majority of most days. I try to get my kids out as much as possible because once winter hits the time outside is limited.
- Think Gizmos Pogo Stick for Kids
- Activ Life Best Kid’s Frisbee Rings
- LOFEE Hover Soccer
- Electric Scooter
The thing I love about boys is how much they are into how things work. It seems that my little guy loves to play with gadgets of all kinds. He’s always trying to figure out how things work. They also love to take things apart and put them back together and causing messes. He has been interested in “cool gadgets” ever since he was little. These are a few of his favorites as of lately.
- Extpro Microscope Kit Science Experiment
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Magic Set
- Be Amazing Toys Big Bag of Science
- Playz Kaboom! Explosive Science Lab Kit
- STEM Learning Take Apart Educational Construction Toy with Electric Toy Drill
- LED Colorful Flashing Finger Lighting Gloves
All Boy Play
It seems like when boys get together all they want to do is have a shooting war with nerf guns. The good thing about nerf guns is the bullets are soft and usually don’t hurt. They also don’t damage my walls when they are shooting them. My kids love to gear up for a fun nerf war with others. It’s a great way for them to run around and lose some of that built up energy.
- Marky Sparky Faux Bow 3
- Kids Tactical Vest
- Nerf Modulus Regulator
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Retaliator Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Mega Lightning Bow
- Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
- Nerf N-Strike Elite Precision Target Set
Finding gifts for kids can be really fun when you have direction. I hope you find the gift you were looking for in this list. I’m just an everyday mom, and I love sharing some of our tried and true tested gifts.
If you have great gift selections please comment below.